Cotton Swab Box ☄

The Costco size box of cotton swabs is stored in our very shallow closet in the master bathroom, which has 2 full length sliding glass doors, and usually the doors are slid over towards my side of the bathroom, blocking access to the cotton swab shelf. (unrelated but this is the only house I have ever seen that has 2 toilets in the master bathroom that face each other…) reminds me of the love toilet from SNL)

So, in comes the wall-mounted box, that the entire cotton swab box can slide straight into. :slight_smile:

The hinge at the top prevented the q-tip box from sliding in, so I put two cut lines over the hinge joint in the svg, so that is intentional. :slight_smile:

Now I need more cotton swabs.

SVG v.2, made the opening larger.
cottonswabs2.svg.zip (9.3 KB)

Material:
1/8 in ply

Edit:
I redesigned it a little bit to make it slightly larger and have an awesome door, and to be mounted to the wall

Here is the new version.
cottonswabsv4.svg.zip (11.0 KB)

Edit:
See revision pictures below: here is the newest version:

cotton swabs complete revision file2.svg.zip (57.3 KB)

72 Likes

Thanks for sharing this

3 Likes

My pleasure. If it helps someone then awesome.

2 Likes

Bathroom? I thought those were used for cleaning electronics.

P.S. jealous of your backdrop. It’s so cold and rainy in NY today.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing this useful design.

3 Likes

@chris1 doesn’t everyone clean their electronics in the bathroom? :slight_smile: I grew up in New York.

@pauline.lally my pleasure. If I have time later I will modify it and re-post. I think the swab window could be slightly wider.

5 Likes

Awesome Idea! Love that you keep the same packaging and just replace. Smart thinking!

3 Likes

Great! Thank you for the share!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I definitely can use this.

3 Likes

Thank you @designvh619 @ptodd and @buddeno
I edited the design to make it look neater, and mount. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Kind of you to mention the update. Thank you!

2 Likes

Great Redesign!!! Like the door!

3 Likes

Simply Amazing! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you @mveeck ! I am enjoying mine. :slight_smile:

This is awesome! We shop at Sam’s Club so their swab count package might be different — can you share how many swabs are in a package (although I guess I could measure mine)…

Thanks for the awesome sharing of your design!! I have a small round acrylic container that doesn’t hold but maybe 50 inside so it seems we are always digging in the linen closet trying to find the Q-Tips container from the store.

This is fantastic. Thank you for the file.

1 Like

OMG!?? I’m going to get the “Wife of The Year” award for making this one! :rofl::rofl::rofl: my husband is just a tad obsessed with cotton swabs… :smirk::grinning: Thanks a lot for sharing.

4 Likes

Funny, today I was just thinking about revising the file to make it better.!

1 Like

cotton swabs complete revision file2.svg.zip (57.3 KB)

Ok, completely revised…

(Minus the traced artwork)

10 Likes

Love this! Thanks so much for sharing your design!

2 Likes