Could not Replicate

Tried to replicate this on my Glowforge. Couldn’t get it to work. Clearly we have an inferior laser.

I mean… come on. Is it too much to ask to be able to renovate my warehouse, and enjoy some sick jams at the same time?

I expected more from you Glowforge.

:stuck_out_tongue:

30 Likes

I for one welcome our new robot overlords… especially if all they want to do is jam.

11 Likes

Awesome. Did you notice the guy had hexagonal pupils?

9 Likes

No but I think he should be wearing goggles!

6 Likes

But who’s gonna clean that up? :neutral_face:

7 Likes

I got it to work on mine. Just had to save it as an .svg and it worked fine. I had video of it, but I wasn’t thinking and my phone got cut in half during the recording. So I need a new phone, but it… was… AWESOME.

2 Likes

Wow! I had to click through to his site to see what was real and what is CGI. I had no idea robotic arms that big could move that fast. I’m going to be watch more of this stuff.

8 Likes

Spent my last 8 working years doing purchasing and logistics for a company that did robotic automation for companies. I’ve seen robots do some pretty cool things … but never anything like this!

3 Likes

I’m sure it was a composite, but in case it wasn’t… if he really did stroll through the middle of three industrial arms like he did in the video, he certainly had a lot more faith in his timing than I would have had. Eeek!

4 Likes

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

6 Likes

That is really cool! Thanks for sharing.
In the video, the ‘glitch’ where the robots take over and throw him a guitar - then the party starts!

My brother-in-law (Harms Sound labs - Ft. Collins, CO.) could use that as a demo for his home theater display! I put it on mine - and cranked it up. :sunglasses:

I think when he walked through the three arms it benefits a lot from camera angle. He has a VERY clear path to walk through for a while before and after actually doing so.

At 2:06 is looks kinda scary, but at 2:17 there is an overhead view of walking the other way through (with a similar arm pattern), he starts out ducking under one arm, when it moves over him, he goes under and through. One comes down a little bit after he passes out, but he still had about 3 breaths of slop, and I am pretty sure that position matches one from the 2:06 move where it was still higher than his head.

I mean… you saw his hex-aperture eye, right? He’s a cyborg. If he gets broken by one of the robot arms, they just fire up a backup cyborg. Easy.

3 Likes

Putting this in the hopper.

2 Likes

“Dan confirms multi-axis tooling, musicianship and metal cutting in development for Glowforge!”

That would be one serious firmware update.

5 Likes

And they will have it done by December 2017. :rofl:

1 Like

OSHA would not be happy if I did this with my robots at work. No safety guarding or light curtains. He’s fired!

3 Likes

Very hard to tell what was CG and real :slight_smile: