Craft Tip: Paint brush bristle maintenance

A few months back—- I watched a YouTube video and a tip was offered about paint brush maintenance. I do not remember the video.

If the bristles are splayed— this technique fixes them.

1. Thoroughly clean the brush. Soap/ hot water, mineral spirits, or turpentine. If you use the chemicals follow up with soap and hot water.
  2. While the bristles are still wet dab a little of this product on the bristles and reshape them
  3. The next day you will have a brand “new” paintbrush.
  4. This Old Spice Molding Clay is at Walmart and it smells very nice.

18 Likes

That’s hilarious! Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

What about gorilla glue? :crazy_face:

12 Likes

Cool tip! Can’t wait to try it. Thanks!

2 Likes

It really does work!!! The product also gives strength to the bristles.

Here is a great laugh. When I first tried the technique I did not have the Old Spice product. I had an EXPENSIVE jar of molding clay from the salon—- those brushes smell really great.

Last night Eric made a comment and I am still laughing about it. He said “ Walmart managers across the United States are going to be wondering why all of their Old Spice molding clay has been sold out.

4 Likes

That gorilla glue seems kinda of permanent.

Molding clay is a product made for your hair. My guess Old Spice came out with it ——to use as maintenance on a man’s beard.

1 Like

Great idea. I have never heard of that stuff but I do have a lot of paint brushes that are in need of it :smile:

2 Likes

Gorilla glue as a hair product when you’ve run out of it. My fav take is the SNL skit that came out of it.

2 Likes

OMG!! ROTFLMAO!!!

I really needed this laugh. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for the tip!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.