Crafthouse smoker

I wonder how long it will take my husband to notice I glowforged his smoker….

50 Likes

I’m presuming those sides come out somehow!

Very cool

3 Likes

This is awesome! It could be right away or years from now :rofl:

5 Likes

I was able to get the sides out. I don’t think I did it the correct way but they came out in the end :slight_smile:

8 Likes

He will likely just assume it came that way and he hadn’t noticed it till now lol.

6 Likes

Nice upgrade to it

5 Likes

Looks great!

3 Likes

Yes, but did they go back in correctly?:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Looks great! Has he noticed yet?

3 Likes

MyDogsThinkImCrazyRegular
I was able to get the sides out. I don’t think I did it the correct way but they came out in the end.

Bigger hammer always work when all else fails. :smiley:

4 Likes

Wow!!

2 Likes

Great idea! So, the little smoke gun connects to the box somehow and you put whatever you are smoking in the box? DOes this work well?

1 Like

…not exactly. The side with the sailboat is the first panel I removed and I just bent the prongs that hold in the glass to get the glass out. It was effective in removing the glass but it did mess up the frame a little so that side really doesn’t open anymore. But its not like you need both doors…

For the other door I removed the hinge pin and that was much better.

He walked in on me trying to fix the door lol. But he agreed it looks nice even if I slightly broke it.

Yup! We love it. It is fun for making things like smoked manhattans (which are my favorite drink but that only because of the cherries). We also use it to make smoked cheese and it does well with that.

3 Likes

super cool

2 Likes

Cool. What kinda smoker is that?

1 Like

Can you use your scraps from making stuff in hickory?

Its a Crafthouse from Fortessa. I picked it up from Costco last year and they had it for $130.

That is a cool idea!

2 Likes

Weird :thinking: mixing drinks is all it is designed for? Sort of mixing vaping with alcohol? The smoker part is much smaller than I was expecting, and thinking of like cheese or raw kababs before tossing on a frying pan, or even soup before hitting the microwave. but looking at all the ads it only shows drinks.

Even making a container that fit as part of o the Glowforge exhaust :thinking: though having ever cut acrylic or leather would ruin the effect.

Love it. Is the engraving on the inside or outside? If inside, maybe it will get a cool meat patina.

Basically. But you can fit cheese in there and some other stuff. It is cool and all but the low costco price is all I would pay for it. Places like Williams and Sonoma sell them for $250 which is crazy.

I have thought about getting this and using the GF basically as a hotbox to smoke food on a food only glowforge: https://www.amazon.com/Outset-76611-Portable-Infusion-Smoker/dp/B07G1RGKZV

Its on the outside :slight_smile:

1 Like