Craftsman Style Tile Frame

Made in PG Walnut Ply: I should dial in a few kerf adjustments but otherwise I’m pretty happy with the overall shape and simplicity. There’s a keyhole hanger on the back and a flip out leg on a toothpick hinge for self standing. Fits the usual 8 cent Home Depot tiles :slightly_smiling_face:

40 Likes

The frame is very cool. I have many questions about the photo, however. :wink:

13 Likes

Elegant design with the incorporated fold-out stand. :+1:

7 Likes

That is a unique design and uses the tabs so cleverly for the mortices and tenons. Nice work. Perfect for the tile container.

6 Likes

Really beautiful design! This is certainly at the top of my list for favorite frames I’ve seen on here.

6 Likes

Great frame design

5 Likes

Very nice frame! It really calls to me. Our dining room furniture is mission style so that frame would fit right in.

6 Likes

What a great design! I love how clean it looks.

5 Likes

Thank you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: my dad is one of those very straight types. On the rare occasion he’s goofy it must be immortalized.

7 Likes

Why thank you @kittski :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you! My entire neighborhood is Craftsman so my previous Ikea modern just doesn’t work anymore. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Love the frame! Nice capture of the moment.

3 Likes

Brilliant design on the joints and perfect for the tiles. Should scale nicely for bigger items too. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you! And yes, the thin PG ply is ok for a little 4" tile but I’ve got 1/4" on order that I’m hoping will look more appropriate for some larger projects. I’d like to extend the tenons on the front so I can sand them into the classic pyramid shape.

2 Likes

Very nice! Love the design!

2 Likes

That would certainly put them over the top!

2 Likes