Craziest/most interesting non-proofgrade object/material that you’ve cut/engraved/scored on your Glowforge

I’ve had our Glowforge Pro running now for probably closer to a month. So far, we love it.

Just wondering though - what’s the most crazy, most interesting object or piece of non-proofgrade material that you’ve cut, engraved or scored on your Glowforge, how thick was is, how many passes did you have to use and how did it turn out?

Thanks in advance!

6 Likes

Probably a rat skull.

7 Likes

“Cuts like butter”

Scored some toast. Defocused it for a nice thick line.

12 Likes

Sugar. Sweet!

I’ve used the technique a couple of times. Works great, but high humidity limits the lifespan of such creations.

8 Likes

A banana (for a banana split). Way back in the pre-release unit days (April '17).

6 Likes

Did you have to clean the lens or camera after that?

2 Likes

a guitar (well, one of many, but this was the best one).

9 Likes

No, the fans did their job, nothing was dirty afterward.

1 Like

Probably either bath bombs or sushi

7 Likes

Probably the hard burn on sandstone.
It crystallizes the material into a blueish gem like effect which looks better in person that in picture.
Design has to be gross for good results. Details lost otherwise.
This elfin print and the quote inside was actually too much detail, but I still like the results.

7 Likes

GREAT question! Love reading the replies. This thread is making my day! (doesn’t take much for me, apparently :joy:)

1 Like

How much clean up did those bath bombs require?! I’m just imaging them crumbling everywhere. :joy:

And that sushi is AWESOME.

2 Likes

A banana?! GET OUT. :joy::raised_hands:t3:

I love sadnstone too!

9 Likes

7 Likes

From long ago and available to you in the Gfui…
sushi

4 Likes

The most non-PG has got to be the 1" thick acrylic…SO MANY PASSES

16 Likes

Bath bombs cause no mess :slight_smile: They ended up being CBD but that was all fine.

3 Likes

Grain of rice. (A few lifetimes ago.)

Standard rice engraving settings. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

16 Likes

I just want to know how you line that up. There is no way I could even get it on the rice with that accuracy.

3 Likes