Create Outline not working?

I have a project that I am doing where I need to use the Create Outline tool within the GF UI.
When I click Create New, nothing happens. I have cleared my cache thinking that might fix it, but it has not.

It’s working for me both with something I uploaded and a shape picked from the GFUI. Can you be more specific as to what you’re trying. If you uploaded art, can you share that here? If you’re using a GFUI shape, can you let us know which one?

Mine is working, so my suggestion is to try a different browser and try a different file. If it works with a new file and/or a different browser maybe you can find a work around until support looks at your particular situation.

2 Likes

This is the image I need to cut to shape, hence why I’m trying to use the Create Outline

I even tried an image from the GF images and it wont outline the svg either.
I’ll try MS edge and see what happens

1 Like

Edge definitely has problems - Chrome is the recommended browser, though Firefox and Safari seem to work quite well.

It’s not an issue with the image either…
Car 2 690x471.zip (90.9 KB)

1 Like

To be clear - are you having issue creating the new design entirely - as in you can’t get it to open in the GFUI, or are you having issue with it not doing anything after you click the Outline command?

If it’s the former, try drag-and-dropping the picture into the Dashboard, that’s another option for creating a new design.

It the Create New outline command that isnt working.

Ok, that’s what I was presuming at first :-/

Does anything happen if you click to change the outline width?

Does it work for other items and just not the car, or is it not working for anything?

If you have an ad-block try disabling it, there have been a wide range of oddities due to those.

Does it do the same thing in different browsers?

Try logging in using an Incognito/Private Browsing window.

After clearing the cache on my browser, its now only happening with the car itself. I cant adjust the outline because that option is grayed out.
It didnt work in MS edge either.

I ended up copying the photo to Lightburn, creating an outset, saving the outset and bringing the outline over that way.

1 Like

Yay that you had another workflow, but I’ll be interested to see if Support can see anything from the back-end that would explain it. They can take up to 24 hours to respond so it may be a bit.

1 Like

I would like to know as well because that was a lot of extra steps that I should have been able to avoid.

1 Like

Hmmm - it may not be just you. This one just got posted: Is premium having trouble right now?. You may be the leading edge of a system issue…or maybe not. We’ll see when they get here!

1 Like

I think it was a system thing, because it just worked perfectly on the second car :no_good_woman:

2 Likes

@MorningstarMSI

I’m so sorry to hear the outline tool is not working correctly. I’m also sorry for our delay in response.

Thanks for letting us know. We need a bit more information to investigate. Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says "Your web browser’s unique URL"
  3. Click the button that says "Copy URL to Clipboard"
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

This happened a week ago and was an error on Glowforges side. It has since been fixed? You guys are really slow, fyi.

The last 3 days were a weekend and a national holiday.

1 Like

@MorningstarMSI

I’m so sorry about the delay in our first response. I’m a little confused has the issue been fixed for you or are you asking if it has been fixed?

To look into this issue more could you please do the following? This allows us to narrow down what the issue was.

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says "Your web browser’s unique URL"
  3. Click the button that says "Copy URL to Clipboard"
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

Also, can you tell me if you use a different browser are you getting the same error?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.