Cribbage Board Testing - 1st Test Sample

My First GF Crib Board: Designed in Illustrator.

This is the first sample of our custom cribbage boards. Once I get my acrylic stock in, I’ll be making a 3-layerd, RGB LED variant. Not too bad for the first one

*This is only the 3rd use of the machine. The first thing we cut out were the (Draft Board) hold-down pins, then a coaster (Draft Board).

This one took two and a half hours to engrave (only because I chose to engrave just around each peg-hole, which I won’t do again, since it’s just a waste of time and seems to be arbitrary)

tse crib board

*UPDATE: I previously forgot to mention that this was done using the SD settings (the HD would take far too long, and I don’t see the need for it for this particular project).

40 Likes

That’s very crisp all round, I like it!

2 Likes

Nice job! You are definitely getting the hang of it.

3 Likes

Nice. Welcome!

2 Likes

A pleasure to see a project with such good design sense.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
I look forward to the acrylic boards you will produce. This is a terrific first project.

3 Likes

Very nice! I’m going to have to look up the rules for cribbage. I haven’t played it for over 40 years. But I love all the boards I’ve seen. Yours look spectacular! Sure hope you show us a pic of your acrylic one when you get it made! Great job!!

2 Likes

The design is great. The engraving turn out really fantastic. The skunk indicators are a nice touch.

5 Likes

This looks great! Those are going to be a hit!

2 Likes

Looks great!

2 Likes

I don’t the first thing about cribbage… but that looks pretty cool!

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s the Pass-through, larger projects I’m concerned about most, as I’m not sure just how accurate it would be to cut and engrave a game board in two halves, while losing absolutely zero precision - I think that’s when we’re going to see some error on my part. The GF is easy to get the hang of, and while we were waiting for it to arrive for over a month, that gave me plenty of time to research and watch countless videos on YT. This is an awesome community, you guys are awesome!

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate that! That’s our store logo. I’m a brandmark/logo designer. My friends own the shop here so naturally I’m charged with rocking out these projects. I wish I had a Laser cutter/engraver a long time ago. This thing can cut/engrave about 90% of what I’d like it to (maybe more, once I figure out how to efficiently make a 6’ x 4’ acrylic, with each layer being 1/2" thick…

5 Likes

Thanks, I hope so! It seems most people don’t even know about Cribbage. I’m about to teach all my friends how to play.

1 Like

It looks beautiful! Welcome to the forum. We look forward to future posts!

1 Like

Thank you! It’s a good start, I have a lot to learn!

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words everyone! I’m currently researching how to best cut/engrave a varied depth profile on projects, so that not everything is a flat cut/engrave. Once I get that figured out, this should be real fun!

1 Like

Thanks! Crib is a great game! I learned from my father and the ol’ guys on the docks. I love the game.

1 Like