Cross the Beams 3d puzzle (w/free SVG)

This one is fairly simple but it can still trip you up.

Here’s the SVG if you want to try it. Be sure to zoom out to see out-of-frame details about how to scale this model for other materials:

cross_box

(Right click to download)

See this thread for more details on how to use the thickness gauge in this SVG :

Was this puzzle too easy or did you just want more? I posted an advanced version of the same concept here:

42 Likes

Aaaand, thanks again! This one is my favorite.

16 Likes

Puzzles are not my bag, but I know someone who would love to see this as a birthday present. Thanks for the share!

14 Likes

What fun!

13 Likes

This one is really great!!

My husband retires Wednesday and loves puzzles …. Thinking he’d like a few things to do. :grinning:. Will save them for our family get together next weekend.

16 Likes

You’re on a roll! Or a cube I should say…

14 Likes

Once we all cut our own puzzles, and have a bag full of pieces,
next you will have us begging for the solution. :rofl:

15 Likes

I thought the others were cute, but this one really got me interested!

Thanks!

12 Likes

I had to increase the size a bit; my scrap material was 1.4"

But it turned out perfectly! The box snaps together in a satisfying way.

I thought this puzzle would be harder, but maybe I just got lucky. Or it is deceiving and not as hard as it looks.

18 Likes

Yeah it’s fairly simple. I thought about making a much larger version with 2-3 times as many crosspieces, maybe v2

14 Likes

@evansd2, another wonderful share! Thank you!

@ptodd - congrats to your husband on his retirement! May he (and you) enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours!

11 Likes

6 Likes

C1 looks great. I am looking forward to cutting one.

6 Likes

Thank you @ellencadwell !!! I sublimated him a shirt for his last Monday!

Front:

Back:

17 Likes

That’s perfect!

8 Likes

Love it! We made a little sign for our yard that says, “Retired, but still in good working condition.” I do need to redo it though, as I’d just painted it on some rough wood because it was too big to fit in the GF. So Marc’s going to redo it with his router. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This one looks very interesting, anxious to cut! Thanks for the share(s)!!

6 Likes

Glad you guys find this one interesting. I will have to revisit a v2 soon!

7 Likes

Thanks for this! The grandkids love puzzles. I adjusted it for Glowforge proof grade acrylics in black and clear.

13 Likes

That looks really cool, great idea!

6 Likes