Crumb Tray Locks

Thank you, oh so much big sis! Thank you, oh so much baby brother → timjedwards ← !!

Burning them now!!!

5 Likes
  • We restart everyday.
  • I will be adding measurements to the sides after the boots in place.

Thank you!

1 Like

I do not have the capability to use snapmarks. I’ve tried before, as I was excited to have it, but my software would not recognize it. I found that we bought our GF after snapmarks had come and gone. Is it still correct that we all don’t have access to snapmarks?

Snapmarks were a beta just like the current passthrough program (and played a roll in its development). Only some machines got them, although you didn’t have to sign up for them. They are unsupported for those that still have them.

1 Like

I have not tested power cycles on purpose, but I have turned it off and come back the next day and continued using my jigs. Good to know.

I have affixed a “lock” to the top of the tray but have not had sustainable results with it. The tray is the key. How have you locked the jig to the frame? By removing the tray and eliminating that aspect completely?

snapmarks… :pleading_face:

I’ve signed up for the beta passthrough program. I’m looking forward to it!

Jigs rule, snapmarks drool.*

* unless you’re doing print and cut. But who does that?

4 Likes

Um, that would be me. Best use case for snapmarks.

5 Likes

I never have. I have sna… well, you know…

1 Like

With or without the alligator skin layer?

3 Likes

:point_up:

(But, yeah, jigs for almost everything. I could do those cards with a jig, too.)

3 Likes

Pictures by chance?

1 Like

Of course. No problem.

Each tape was only put down after I was sure the tray was locked down, and zero were repeatable. You can see the tray locks in the photos as well.
Using these renders that precision placement tool as well, an accurate precision placement tool.

3 Likes

Awesome, and Thank you. Now to burn out a couple rulers.
:upside_down_face:

1 Like

The first ones I did were from :proofgrade: laminate but for these I used good ones from Rockler.

2 Likes

Curious on the first pic, is that a T-Ruler? Looks awesome and of course

I need to crash but gotta save links first :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Yes! do this right and you can mark/place stuff down to a 64th or so.

1 Like

Crashing now, but thank you. Gonna make this in the morning. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I printed them without the skin bc i forgot to turn they layer on. Once they were burned, the tray wouldn’t sit flat. It seems as if my tray is about 1.5mm wider than the boots will allow.

I also noticed that the silver bare metal strip on the far edges also made the boots sit at an angle.

I created a v3 as a test. I adjusted for the bare metal strips on the outside and took a little off on the inside. It fit but i need to adjust it more and try again bc of the kerf.

Is this something you dealt with or thought of when working on the boots? I would think the trays would be pretty identical. Even closer than a tolerance of 1.5mm.

I will use the skin on the final version. If a smaller version works for me, I’ll send it to you for approval. :wink:

I’m sure they alter the machine’s construction over time, so your machine is probably a newer revision. It would be great to have an alternate version available for folks with a machine like yours. Tweak away!

2 Likes