Cthulhu Halloween Costume

I used the GF to cut all the parts for this Cthulhu mask. I made it out of EVA foam, based on a paper-craft pattern by Wintercroft (https://wintercroft.com/products/cthulhu).


The sewing of all the parts took forever. I used glue for the tentacles, and in the future, I would use glue for the whole thing.

I meant to paint it, but ran out of time before Halloween.

30 Likes

Now that’s a costume that’ll scare the kids! Great job! :smile:

3 Likes

Nice!

I wonder if you could add a wire into some of the tentacles so you can spread them out and their position can be changed?

2 Likes

Wow… makes for an impressive costume!

1 Like

Heck, I was sitting here wondering how I could animate them independently!

2 Likes

I’ve not done tentacles, but did a lions tale for a costume–think that one used wire within surgical tubing and padding that was fitted into a suede tube…

1 Like

IDK man, the stitching looks super cool. I’d tough it out, because it’s a great effect.

1 Like

Wow, what an amazing build! And I kinda like the color, since I’m not familiar with the original character anyway.

1 Like

Looks cool to me.

1 Like

Got the basics down for this guy as well. Just add a hat and it would probably pass.

image

2 Likes

It looks great! (Wait, I mean very, very scary!!).

It’s as awesome as the plague mask from last year.

1 Like