Curse you tile!

Yeah, I had a lot of things in the queue this week for my limited design time, instead I got caught up in the tile fever and starting making just random stuff. I literally cannot stand how well the GF does these :stuck_out_tongue:

52 Likes

ROFL! Lovely! :smile:

3 Likes

Awesome. What was your fill method? Sharpie? Paint/mask?

Nice Job! On that last tile is that an engrave or a score?:grinning::+1:

Where were you able to find the outline for all the continents? Iā€™ve been wanting to do something similar! I havenā€™t looked too hard, but each time Iā€™ve looked Iā€™ve only gotten results for maps etc.

Really cool projects, btw!

First result for googling ā€œworld map svgā€ is thisā€¦

https://goo.gl/images/QApaxp

2 Likes

For the HP coaster it was gold sharpie and then magic eraser cleanup that other have used.

For the map it is actually just how the tile etched. I picked up some matte ceramic subway tiles recently for a bathroom renovation and they engrave into perfect black lines and donā€™t need to be sealed, heretofore to be named ā€˜jackpot tilesā€™ :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Engrave settings used on both, but the tile I used is different and behaved oddly (awesomely) by the glaze melting into clean black lines instead of vaporizing

Yeah, similar to @evansd2 I just did some Google trolling and found a pattern that was close enough and then made some minor adjustments to it in paint.net (I go very low tech on png edits :stuck_out_tongue: )

MORE INPUT REQUIRED :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So, fun story, the back of all of those cool glass tiles in fun colors is just paint. A quick little mirroring of your image and you can print right on them and I think it looks kind of awesome

12 Likes

You beat me to it! I got one the other day, and just hadnā€™t had time to hit it yet. Awesome job.