Custom Commemorative 3D Replica

Just finished up a gift to commemorate an engagement. He popped the question at this small fancy restaurant in Italy, so I made them a 1/100th scale replica. Designed it first in 3D with Blender then exported the shapes.
It’s a no-glue, all snap-together build. Very complicated to puzzle through, but very rewarding in the end.

42 Likes

That’s adorable! Did you build it from scratch from pictures or were you able to find plans somewhere? That’s a fiddly little building!

11 Likes

That looks amazing and a fun anniversary item.

10 Likes

Great project!

10 Likes

man that is awesome.

when the super MEGAPRO model comes out you can make it 1:1 scale :slight_smile:

12 Likes

This looks great.

10 Likes

That is amazing!

9 Likes

Just worked off of photos. I wish there were plans somewhere I could have swiped, haha

15 Likes

You’ve got mad skills!

9 Likes

Came out swell, but there was abundant texture in the photo.
Not sure if a fast scroll of that cobblestone pattern would have helped it or not.
Sometimes less is more, never know until done with a lot of the options available, as shown below…

Fast score option and slower engrave in ZIP
cobblestone.zip (453.4 KB)

9 Likes

They are going to love that! And what they’ll love even more is that you thought of them enough to make it for them. That is so special! You did a great job. And thank you for the cobblestone zip! I can see using this on several things. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Wow. This is beautiful! What a thoughtful gift.

Do you have any photos you’d be willing to share of the pieces before assembly? Just trying to wrap my mind around the “no-glue, all snap-together” aspect.

7 Likes

I didn’t think to take one, and I just gave them the gift (well-received, thankfully). But, it turns out my wife snuck one over my shoulder while I was putting it together. 4 pieces are already put together in my hand, the rest on the table.

16 Likes

Very cool. Thank you! And thanks to your wife!

6 Likes

So well done. Just some great design work there to assemble like that.

15 Likes

Congratulations @griffinandyb on an excellent project!

As most of us have learned, we start a personalized gift thinking about pleasing others, but the trip ends rewarding us at the end.

I would greatly appreciate if you could share with the rest of us your thought and design process on how you went about creating this beautiful gift.

7 Likes

I’ll try to put something together

5 Likes

Wow! Great work!!! This is a wonderful gift.
What is the restaurant?

7 Likes

I think a score would have been a better option then engraving, it would still have gotten the imagery across but wouldn’t have been too deep like the engraving would have been. I’ve done that with the dice towers I’ve made in the past and it’s worked out well.

7 Likes

Torre Aurora in Italy

3 Likes