Custom EVA Foam Boot Covers Distressed/Aged!

Adding to my list of customer projects in the armor/cosplay/costume category - I recently made these custom EVA foam boot covers to fit a customers military boots that match the rest of his costume. The covers purposely look distressed and weathered as well as have a hammered look that matched his costume as well. Yes, they sit low on the boot to provide room for the other parts of his costume. Aside from the straps to secure the boot covers and the spikes (which I cast myself), all pieces are EVA foam and were cut on my GF!

39 Likes

Wow, what a project! It would be interesting to see the progression from flat EVA foam to those finished shapes. Very impressive!

3 Likes

These are soooo cool.

2 Likes

Ditto the progression from flat to finished, as well as seeing the entire costume! They look super!

2 Likes

Great work … love the spikes!

1 Like

:love_you_gesture::call_me_hand::metal::love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

For the Horde?
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gives me hope. My kid wants a crazy video game character costume so I bought the foam. Now watching videos on ways to work with it.

2 Likes

Hoping for pictures when you are done.

2 Likes

I didn’t take too many progress pics during the build process because there were a lot of iterations when I was prototyping these up. By the way, engraving on EVA foam = mess. Recommended wearing gloves or your hands will be black. Here are a couple in the earlier stages…

4 Likes

Amazing. This is really great. I don’t think I’ll show my son because he will want some and it’s way beyond my capability.

2 Likes

We will be refining and making variants which will be up on our site along with the rest of the custom costumes we do.

1 Like

Those look amazing. I’d love to see how they match the rest of the costume. Super project!!!

2 Likes

Yea I’m waiting for him to send me some pics. I’ll post them once I received some.