Custom frame

It took me about two hours start to finish with this idea but I am happy with how it came out! Had to scrap the first picture as the dog didn’t come out well. He still is a bit hard to see on the head but I think our friends will like it.

The frame gave me the most trouble with sizing issues. Had to create it in the GF app - I learned you can customize things with the ruler! :rofl:

Please let me know what you think!

35 Likes

Awesome…

3 Likes

Looks great!!

4 Likes

Nice job!

5 Likes

Adorable - and black fur is the hardest so congrats on getting it right!

3 Likes

Everything looks great. The frame goes well with the picture and your engraving looks fantastic.

4 Likes

I think your friends will love it. Well done!

4 Likes

Amazing job! I haven’t been successful at engraving at all. I guess will try one day soon.

2 Likes

Awwww, this engraving warms my heart.

4 Likes

Great project and great outcome! Terrific results!

3 Likes

Great looking project and family

1 Like

Thank you!!

I’m going to sell items like this. It took me two hours to make as I was having difficulty getting the frame right. The materials were $20. How do I know what to price this at for selling? My Aunt said sell for $40 but I’m not sure?

1 Like

They loved it!

1 Like

Their dog was our dogs “boyfriend “ at daycare. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: They had to put their dog down 3 weeks after we put ours down. I wanted to do something special for them.

1 Like

Figuring the first time is always the hardest, I tend to discount that time on something that will be literally cut and paste after the first time - something like a photo engrave that requires manipulation every time that time is a strong marker. For basic cut and paste type things I tend to triple the material cost (and that includes everything, the wood, the glue, the exacto blades, and a flat rate for machine time)

So with this example I’d say $60.

2 Likes

Bless your beautiful family!!

2 Likes

This is actually my friends family, but thank you!

1 Like

Ruler? Wow…I use Illustrator, so everytime someone tosses out a tip for the GF app, I am awed! (And I still can’t remember how to rotate 90 degrees! One of these times, I’m actually going to write it down and tape it to my monitor!)

1 Like

Hold down shift when clicking the rotate button (I use that all the time)

• They’ve added a short-cut to the Dashboard on the right side under Discover: