Custom keychain work

Key chain using stamps

34 Likes

Very nice detail.

9 Likes

These look great! Do you use the Glowforge to cut the holes for stitching, or just the outside shape? One of my new year’s resolutions is to do a stitched leather project.

7 Likes

Just to make Delrin stamp

5 Likes

Oh, okay. Got it.

3 Likes

Great Detail!

4 Likes

I like these

2 Likes

Nice work!

3 Likes

Very nice!

3 Likes

Outstanding, that looks so sharp.

If you bought blank keychains can you share the source? That looks like a perfect canvas.

And… What kind of paint did you use?

2 Likes

I have a die cutter that cuts the keychain shape and leather acrylic

5 Likes

What is a feeling stamp? And what is leather acrylic? It looks like real leather.
I want to know how you painted or colored the knuckle num Chuck thing and the words

Not sure where you saw this…so don’t know how to answer that.

The leather is real. And the type of paints he used are acrylic paints for leather…which is what he used to color the lettering and the graphic.

3 Likes

It said derlin stamp. My phone autocorrected to feeling. Oy.
Ty - just acrylic paint hmmm I’m gonna try it

1 Like

No, ‘acrylic paint for leather’ is more pigmented, thin and flexible. It’s not the same as artists acrylics or other acrylic paint like craft paint. One common brand is Angelus, Tandy also sells their own brand.

4 Likes

Delrin is an acrylic material.

2 Likes

I beg to differ. Good quality acrylic paint works on all mediums. Some stuff sold for leather is good quality, other is the equivalent of the giant tubes sold for kid’s art. Just depends on what you buy!
If you find a great sale on acrylic sold for paper, it’ll work just as well on leather and vice versa. Thinning is done with water.

1 Like

I beg to differ back. For something stiff like a notebook cover sure, any acrylic will do, even $.99 craft paint. For something that needs to bend like wallets, shoes, belts etc it’s not the same. Leather paints are formulated to be highly pigmented, thin and most importantly flexible. Something like Golden Fluid Acrylics may be comparable but a thinning a heavier bodied artist grade acrylic should have gum arabic added or, better yet, be thinned with a fluid acrylic medium, to come close to matching the performance of something like Angelus on leather.

2 Likes

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I’ve been using artist quality acrylic paint on flexible leathers with no discernible failures for a couple decades now.

2 Likes