Custom plywood notebook cover

just stretching my legs on the ol glow forge. I saw this project a couple months ago and wanted to see if I could recreate for as cheap as possible . Its just a plain dollar store note book with the coils carefully removed and put back in . I used the original cover as template and I did hand drill every hole. It is non proof grade and i it was just some plywood i had laying around from my cnc .

19 Likes

Photo is a little dark, but it looks nice!

1 Like

Yeah, great results on the engrave! :grinning:

1 Like

Seems appropriate! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks yeah my camera on my very expensive phone is quite terrible

Is it possible that you have a vingette filter turned on? That almost looks intentional. Android or apple? You might try downloading another camera app and see if it does the same thing. If it doesn’t, then you know it’s a filter in that other camera app.

1 Like

lol thanks I never thought it could be a filter . im gonna check that out
I added a better pic using my real camera

5 Likes

I have an urge to derail this thread by discussing the best Batman books. Then I figure why bother, because everyone knows it’s The Dark Knight Returns.

Gauntlet: thrown.

4 Likes

Best Joker… Mark Hamill!

2 Likes

I agree , Mark Hamil is one of best jokers. Now i know im going to get some hate mail for this one but I actually like where Jared Leto was taking the joker . I just wished they could have flushed it out better . Ps : If your not watching Titans , then start watching Titans

2 Likes

i’m going to presume you mean “fleshed it out.” “flushed” has a very different connotation.

3 Likes

Really? DC TV has been such a miss for me. Maybe I should give it a shot.

I’m curious why you hand drilled the holes, as opposed to cutting them with your Glowforge.

4 Likes

Hey if your going ask me questions that make absolute sense and I have no real answer for . then to you i say good day sir . I said good day. LOL Im still trying to get this glowforge thing down so my goal is to have ol forgey handle that part but still brushing up on my illustrator and creating layers

5 Likes

Hahaha! Excellent answer! Either way, it looks great, thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Good idea to get a notebook and then switch out a cover.

Nice!