Custom rubber stamp on cloth bag

This is a custom stamp for a game I am completing. Again, I had a quote for printed cotton bags (I need 250 of them!), and realised that although it would take some more time, it would be cheaper, and look more aesthetically pleasing, if I made and stamped them myself.

The stamp itself is 100 by 70mm, and took 54 minutes to cut (Speed 220, Power 65), using rubber stamp material from Amazon (this red one here: https://amzn.to/3RhxNT2), so excluding ink and printing costs, it cost about £2 to make.

EDIT: To make the stamp, I was advised to use Pathfinder > Exclude, which I’ll definitely put into play next stamp!

36 Likes

You can go straight from Illustrator to the Glowforge and click the stamp maker button to invert it.

Inverting it in Illustrator would be something like… combine everything into one path, draw a big rectangle, put the design over the rectangle, and “minus front” or “subtract” or whatever Illustrator calls that function.

11 Likes

This looks great! A stamp is a great solution for printing on hard-to-print items.

7 Likes

Ah! Thanks, but I think that’s not available to me, as I’m not a Premium member.

3 Likes

This turned out great. I love making stamps!

6 Likes

It’s very satisfying, isn’t it!

2 Likes

That is great looking!! Well done!

6 Likes

Perfect way to knock out that many bags. Nice work!

5 Likes

Love it. Great work

2 Likes

Looks great. I went ahead and moved this to Beyond the Manual, since that’s the only place we’re allowed to talk about settings.

3 Likes

Ah, got it. Thank you!

1 Like

That is awesome! Good luck to your stamping hand though :sweat_smile: I stamped 150 bags for a small convention, and it took ffffooooorrrreeeevvvveeerrrr!

3 Likes

I’m going to employ four minions, who live here rent-free!

3 Likes

I would employ my 3, but they would get little dirty pawprints on everything :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: