Custom Tool Logos

I take a lot of pictures of projects in my shop to document progress and show off my work. Sometimes a tool or a peg board full of tools is visible in the shot. I thought it would be good branding to have my logo and business name on some of them. I LOVE the look of this!
www.OakCreekGuitars

51 Likes

Huh, yeah those are nice and deep.

I wonder how they’ll feel in hand over a long build process?

1 Like

Yeah, and if they get caught they could chip. Maybe you could fill them with epoxy? They would be protected and feel better in your hand?

But I love the look of them; they turned out beautifully.

They look deep but you really don’t feel a difference at all. If it was bothersome I could back fill it with epoxy but for me it really isn’t an issue.

5 Likes

Oh man that would look awesome. epoxy with a nice electric blue mica powder or something. Dooo iiiiitttt.

11 Likes

Nice custom touch on your tools! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

What an excellent idea for personalized tools. :blush:

4 Likes

Have used a small mallet and fret hammer but your guitars must need some serious adjustments during a build. :wink:

5 Likes

Ha, yes, most jobs only call for the small hammers. The others are for when gentle persuasion has failed.

2 Likes

I played with some glow in the dark powder. It has a lot of potential. This was a sloppy first try.

16 Likes

That looks really amazing! …but I doubt you work in the dark very often…

2 Likes

Looks really sharp!

I was going to make a snarky reply like “those look like hammers to me” but didn’t. Aren’t you proud of me? I’m the picture of self-restraint.

8 Likes

Very cool. Now I am eying all of my woodturning tools…

3 Likes

That looks great! I really like the glow in the dark fill.

3 Likes

Oh yeah! Marketing on the sly is definitely a good use of your tools :smiley:

The glow in the dark looks very cool, I think the fact that it filled in cracks in the handle actually adds!

2 Likes

Looks good with and without a fill.

2 Likes

Now you can find who “borrowed” your tools in the dark.

3 Likes

Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Speaking of which… I mixed dark blue and purple and they separated in the inlay and turned purple on one side and blue on the other.

4 Likes

Great idea for getting your name into your photos. And looks really good.

1 Like