Custom Topological Video Game World Map! Final Fantasy 7

I’ve been REALLY inspired by a lot of the maps that many creative people have been making.

So, a few days ago, I made a small version of a video game world map, which you can find here.

Here is the bigger shadowbox version. I plan to do more to it in the future (resin!), but will leave it as is in the meantime.

The part that took the longest was going on inkscape and tracing out the map contours, and making sure it’ll come out the way I’d like it to.

If you have any questions on any aspect of this map, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Enjoy!

Glowforge for size comparison.

“Hey, can we go there some day?” ~Scarlet the Chihuahua

Wood layers only.

Unlit version.

Using tweezers to glue in tiny pieces…

34 Likes

Missed the island for Knights of the Round in the corner :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome work, maps are always great to see, and can’t wait for that part 2 to come out!

1 Like

Very nice work

1 Like

Awesome looking!

2 Likes

Look again :wink: it’s there!

Glad you like it!

2 Likes

Topological maps never fail to impress me, whether real or virtually-inspired. Well done!

I see it now, it was late when I first looked. Again, great work!

1 Like

Did you play the remake? If so, what did you think of it?

I really enjoyed it, I thought it was a little bit too linear, and the cutscenes were a bit excessive with how often they happened, but overall I think it was done well. I’m curious how they’ll move forward, if there will be any open world stuff to mess around with, or if they’ll continue doing city/town maps.

Also can’t wait to see how they handle Chocobo breeding :joy:

1 Like

Same! I enjoyed the entire game throughout, but when it was finally over, my reaction was: “That’s it?? I’ve waited years for THIS??”

Where’s the open world stuff? Master materias? Chocobo breeding? Gold saucer??! :triumph:

Guess we’ll continue waiting… :clock10:

1 Like

Looks great!

1 Like

OH MY GOSH! Any chance you want to share this svg? This is one of my favorite games, I want to learn to do these and make some Zelda ones

There are a variety of reasons someone may not want to share design files and, it can be uncomfortable for some to have to say no publicly. So, our community standard (and forum rules) are to not to ask and, leave it up to the designer to offer.

1 Like

Ah gotcha. Sorry.