Customization made Easy

…and Elon needs some good news. :wink:

1 Like

You tware what you tweet.

That sounded better in my head. But that’s okay. Let history decided if it was actually funny.

3 Likes

the attempt at humor still cracked me up a little. :wink:

2 Likes

Orlando was hit by a hailstorm that left drifts of inch plus hail stones, and for years afterwards you would see them still being driven with the “mad man with a ball peen hammer” customized bodies. As you could buy a brand new car for about a quarter the previous price it was not such a bad deal.

3 Likes

We just got ours Saturday!!!

6 Likes

Outstanding! :sunglasses: The wheels under those aero-hubs aren’t bad looking, I will probably stow those in the car and mount them if/when we take road trips.

Funny thing is we got involved looking for that 35,000 dollar car, yeah, well… :grimacing:
worth it to lose gas/oil/fillups/changes and not be as big a contributor to combustion by-products.

They only save about, what, 20 miles charge per “tank”, so go for it!

We also were looking into the cheaper car. I told my husband that we could wait for the less expensive car, then they announced the tax credits were on the way out, so we took the plunge.

2 Likes

Yes, that was our motivation as well. Turns out that Tesla delayed delivering their 200,000th car (the point where the incentives were halved, and began the phase-out) to ensure the incentives were available through Dec. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Waiting for the 4wd. Otherwise we’d have to park it at the bottom of the hill all winter.

1 Like

Ours is dual motor all wheel.

3 Likes

Hey Chris,

I should be getting my car in early October! If you are still on the fence for yours, I have a mutally beneficial proposition for you: Use my referral code and we both get something!

Order before September 16th and you will get FREE Supercharging for the life of your vehicle.

https://ts.la/andrew10376 (https://www.tesla.com/referral/andrew10376)

• Order your Tesla after September 16th and you will get 1 year of free Supercharging.

I would be greatly appreciative if you were to use my referral code.

Either way Congrats if you get one, and thank you if you use my code :slight_smile:

I’d love to help you out, but I already have a referral from a friend.

I think we’re going to do it, though. Still undecided about the AWD. The car people are pretty adamant that it’s not important. I find myself thinking about what else I could spend that $15,000 on. But also hate that “shouldn’t have cheaped out” feeling – if we get stuck this winter, I will be kicking myself.

And then there’s the whole question of Elon’s sanity. I think there’s a very good chance that Tesla will be, at best, a division of General Motors in a couple of years.

1 Like

No sooner did I hit send on that that than I got this e-mail:

com%20Mail%202018-09-12%2015-45-24

Of course, it says 4 weeks when I click the button. But they’re pushing reservation holders really hard to convert to a sale.

3 Likes
  1. Pickup new car after work.
  2. Drive car to work next morning.
  3. At that the place where traffic stops…every…single…morning, look in rear view mirror to see the look of horror on the face of the driver behind you emergency braking.
  4. Simultaneously wonder how you came to an easy stop and they couldn’t with and oh this is going to hurt.
  5. Watch them, thankfully, steer car onto right-hand shoulder.
  6. Look to right as they come to a stop, even with you, slamming into a curb and wrecking their front end.
  7. Breathe sigh of relief. Be thankful no one was hurt.

1 Pickup new car.
2. Stop by friend’s business.
3. Friend’s wife stops by, sees new car, makes all sorts of sounds you didn’t now she made. Asks to drive it.
4. Look over friend’s wife shoulder to see him silently nod his head no.
5. Decide he’s a misogynist pig and hand his wife the keys.
6. Go outside.
7. He lights up a smoke and you both watch his wife drive away.
8. Watch his wife go the wrong way in the parking lot coming back and see car backing out. Collision narrowly avoided. Your heart stops.
9. Your friend looks down at his feet and silently nods his head. The most damning I told you so ever.
10. Decide he is a knowledgeable misogynistic pig. Listen to his wife complain how bad other drivers are.

As long as I can get through the critical 90 minute to 12 hour initial ownership period without suffering a massive heart attack, I’m okay.

10 Likes

Yeah, no problem, glad you will be able to help your friend out.

The AWD option should only be $5k more than the RWD version. $15K would be the AWD w/Performance, so if you just want AWD and are concerned with money, the Performance upgrade is a steep, but unnecessary cost.

As for Tesla being bought out by another automaker, I am quite certain it won’t happen, even as unfortunate as Elon’s behavior as of late has been. Don’t believe all the F.U.D. spread in the mainstream media, most of it is designed to drive the stock price lower to make the short sellers more profitable.

2 Likes

Not me, but I knew those involved.

1. Kid gets Porsche for his 16th birthday.
  2. Kid takes it to his friend’s work to show it off.
  3. Friend - “Let me drive it? It’s only in the parking lot”
  4. Keys handed over.
  5. Porsche barreling down the back drive of a strip mall.
  6. Porsche spins out into a dumpster - totaled.
  7. Kid grounded for life.
2 Likes

It’s $6k. Thank you for mentioning that, as I have had this $15k number stuck in my head due to apparently doing the math wrong one time and I would never have corrected it if you hadn’t made me go back to look.

Design%20Your%20Model%203%20%7C%20Tesla%202018-09-12%2016-49-15

1 Like

I don’t know what FUD you’re referring to, as I don’t really consume any “mainstream media”. I think it’s pretty factual that Elon has been acting increasingly erratic lately.

This is purely my opinion and speculation: I think he isn’t sleeping normally and is taking a lot of medication, prescription and otherwise. I think he’s fried, and he’s not going to get better. He’ll be removed from the company, and without him Tesla will lose all the magic dust and end up being acquired for the technology, brand, and customer base.

a nicely built used jeep or two to drive when it’s slippery outside.

3 Likes

My dad’s a former Fortune 500 CEO. He says that Elon’s Twitter comment about a deal being done that would allow them to go private is a SERIOUS offense in regulation land with bad ramifications, IF he doesn’t get an “I’m too big to fail” pass.

1 Like