Customization made Easy

I love this machine.
My Wife and I have lived frugally for our 40 years together, so we decided that for probably the last car we will ever buy would be a Tesla. Our model 3 is ready for pickup in 8 days.

I spent the day extending the 30 amp circuit for an electric dryer that we don’t use into the adjacent garage. Well, the switchplate cover for the NEMA 10-30 outlet, I thought it could use a bit of enhancement. - and I have a glowforge.

IMG_20180909_172739

Masked and spraypainted.

78 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Congratulations! My son loves his. I do, too, and I’m not even really a car person. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Oh wow. Really cool. I look forward to hearing how it all goes for you. It will be cool next time I’m in CO to get a ride. I haven’t had one in a Tesla yet.

2 Likes

I wanted really badly to get a macro shot of what the top looks like with rain on it, but this was my first outing after surgery (family get-together at my daughter’s house) and best I could do was a distance shot. Something about the UV coating on it turns it all shimmery red-gold when it’s wet. It’s 'way cooler than the photo shows!

IMG_2520

9 Likes

This is our choice. Same color, same car.

11 Likes

It best be she that puts the first scratch or dent in it… :grimacing:
It’s that one that hurts the worst.

6 Likes

Ooh, I like the blue. :blush:

1 Like

Congrats. I keep hovering over the button and getting stuck on whether to go for AWD.

2 Likes

We figured in a cold winter climate like Colorado 4 wheel would be an asset, besides the enhanced safety of the traction year round.

2 Likes

Congrats on the Tesla!

1 Like

Pretty bizarre experience, buying a car you never drove or even sat in… Along with 400,000 others.

6 Likes

Now if they could build one with a built in power chair that could climb stairs…

3 Likes

Maybe you’ll get lucky and be caught in a hailstorm like I did. Then it won’t be anybody’s fault.

Congrats and have fun!

5 Likes

Good luck with the car.

1 Like

Oh man, :tired_face: too bad!
I think I would be tempted to shield this car with my body…

4 Likes

I can’t remember who it was now, but somebody told me one time that when they bought a new car the first thing they did when they got it home was get a hammer and put a ding in it, just to get it over with. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I tell folks who buy a new motorcycle to park it in the garage and then push it over. That way the first time it decides to take a dirt nap you’re not all wigged out & traumatized.

And you get practice picking it up :grin:

6 Likes

Eh, it’s only a Camry. Not that it’s not a nice car, but not worth losing sleep over. I tend to the utilitarian rather than the cool factor when I buy cars.

1 Like

It seems that it’s the new tech that drives me to buy a new car. I bought a 1973 RX-3 Mazda new, and this will be the second new car I ever bought. Everything else has been used. I drive them till they are ready for the bone yard.
This will probably be the last car I ever buy.

2 Likes