Cut layers resize themselves

^^ this ^^

also surprised nobody mentioned saving your file as a PDF. either of those should solve your problem.

1 Like

… or using inkscape, the vastly superior tool :stuck_out_tongue:

you can’t write that small enough for it’s size to be comparable to its accuracy. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Why pdf thought we had to save files as svg

PDF has a few nice aspects. @shop correct me if I’m wrong, but you don’t have to worry about converting text to shapes, and scaling is always rock solid.

It can speed up your pipeline if you do a lot of text or if you’re experiencing weird scaling issues either from svg native resolution or whatever is going on in illustrator in this thread.

What’s funny is, I’ve only ever had problems exporting when I had the “output fewer elements” checked, but you’ve got it on. Here’s my setup I use for every file I save.

that is correct, the PDF contains both the font and the ability to process the outlines, so you don’t have to convert.

the downside to PDF is the file size can be bigger (depending on the save settings you choose, one thing to significantly shrink file size is to uncheck preserve illustrator editing capabilities).

Completely. All I ever do.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.