Cut line cutting twice

I was having an issue where my cut line was cutting and turning around and cutting back over itself. The post below said to look for double lines, which I didn’t have in my Illustrator file. When I went back in and looked again, my stroke was set to be on the inside of the shape rather than the center, so the GF was going back and adding 1/2 a stroke width of cut .

Thought I would add this just in case anyone else runs into this too.

Continuing the discussion from HELP! SVG cutting same line twice!:

6 Likes

If you already know how you messed up the file, why did you just open another support ticket by posting here?

Double cuts is a well knows issue, it’s been discussed hundreds of times.

Welcome to the community and thank you for contributing back information!

FYI, you can edit this thread and move it to the “Everything Else” section if you are wanting it to not be a problem/support ticket. I believe you can move it your self but I may be wrong on that. I know I can move it for you but want to make sure you would want it moved first.

3 Likes

Moving it does not change it from a support ticket. The ticket is created in their support system when it is posted, they don’t “browse” this forum, they work from tickets created in that system.

1 Like

Well that sounds like a case for a feature request to increase efficiency :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing, this forum is a place to learn and this info will help people. While posting we also learn where to put things, so please don’t let one of the responses in this thread put you off, you’re wanted here!

5 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t see that issue when I was looking up what was wrong so I thought I would post. Sorry it’s in the wrong spot.

4 Likes

I would not have known either of these things if this was my first time on the forum. Not a helpful response.

4 Likes

No need to apologize, ignore the grumpy anonymous user!

5 Likes

HI Troy!
I’m hoping to get the same answer! I created a design in Cricut design Space, copied the image and created an .svg in Inkscape. When I went to print, my Glow-Getter ran two passes through (even though it was set at one). When I compare other cut files there seems to be no difference in the lines.
Who knows, maybe I’m not creating the file right, but I could sure use the help!
Appreciate you all!
Cheers,
Carol

2 Likes

I don’t use either Cricut or Inkscape but the double cut is from having double lines in your file. I also can’t tell you how to look for them, but they’re there and you’ll need to do more searching.

1 Like

I have used Adobe Illustrator in some version ever since it came out. Since I haven’t been able to afford the upgrades for years, all my designs are produced by a version from 2004, on a laptop of similar age.

When I do something like add or subtract overlapping shapes, I often get a ghost image under the main design. I can’t always eliminate it using the cleanup commands. I think my version of Illustrator is sloppy in this area; so when I get a double cut on a new design of my own, I know what to look for.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.