Cute Glowforge setups

Hey there! I just got my Glowforge and am still learning the ropes, so don’t have innovative projects to share yet (although I did make my first ruler keychain :raised_hands:).

BUT I do have a super cute office setup for my Glowforge! Yes, I totally redecorated my garage office around it :joy:

Here’s mine… show me yours!

32 Likes

Hey welcome, that’s a nice setup!

Since you’re new you might like this thread, I collected a bunch of info and links… it can really give you a head start. :slight_smile:

It’s all good stuff, but #1, 1a, 2 and 4 are particularly helpful if you’re new to all of this.

12 Likes

Greetings-
Welcome, and very artsy and pleasant! I enjoy seeing others’ setup, thx for sharing. Here’s my main work area. Sadly, designed like my old business office, work flow first… Atleast with this, it’s all for fun. :slight_smile:
HL

16 Likes

This is super helpful, thank you!

8 Likes

Nice! I dig the green wall.

6 Likes

I think my setup would qualify for one of those shows where you show how bad your workroom is and win a makeover. But hey, no matter! I can still crank out a decent project. I do envy these very nice work areas I’m seeing.

17 Likes

Welcome to the community! Obviously you are very artistic, so it’ll be exciting to see what you do with your new Glowforge!

11 Likes

That’s the coolest garage. You are going to have a lot of fun with your glowforge in there.

12 Likes

Very nice set-up!!! Welcome to the forum! I’m pretty sure my area doesn’t warrant any photos. Still, it is a happy place for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

LOL I’ve always wanted to makeover someone’s space… we should collaborate :joy:

8 Likes

I’m going to be moving my :glowforge: into the basement where I’ll have more room, but for now I’ve got the efficiency down!

(It’s a lot messier now, this was right after I set it up!)

16 Likes

Looks super efficient and creative! :heart:

4 Likes

Extremely photogenic gallery!

However, if that is a pro, you may want more room behind the machine. Some wheels under the table or such that there is naturally room behind it are common ways to accomplish that.

7 Likes

Not cute, but by posting this embarrassing mess, it will motivate me to clean and organize. I love the artwork you have hanging. Very cool.

18 Likes

I am currently limited in my materials procurement by my lack of space…you DO NOT have that issue!

WOW :drooling_face:

13 Likes

Love those plastic storage boxes! Finding them at the size needed has been driving me nuts however.

6 Likes

Welcome Rebekah! You have just found the best resource/accessory for your new laser. Many of us have been here for years, and we have learned a lot! This is the place to ask any questions you might have, enjoy your adventure!

Fine setup you have there. Nothing artsy about mine, but it serves my needs. Since I was space-challenged, the glowforge sits on a full extension pull-out shelf, it’s a quick solution for square footage when you don’t have any. Old pictures and the details, including the mess have evolved a bit. There is a 3D printer not shown.

We look forward to what you do with yours!

17 Likes

Wheels are a good idea - thank you!

4 Likes

This looks like craft supply heaven!

4 Likes

The fire extinguisher is a smart touch… I was just thinking I should probably have one handy!

8 Likes