Cutout Question

Hello everyone.
I haven’t received my Glowforge Pro yet (Feb 12th estimated ship date). But I thought I would get a head start on creating things to print in Illustrator. My question is the will the attached cutout as 1 piece or do I need to erase the lines attaching the letters.

1 Like

That will cut each letter separately.

Edit: Actually, that is a PNG, so it would only engrave that image. There would be no cutting.

I threw it into the GFUI and added a border for cutting. Here is the result:
(Discourse removes bitmaps from SVGs, so here is a ZIP)
EthanAndAshley.zip (56.1 KB)

6 Likes

The laser will follow those lines so every single letter will cut out. If you want them to stay a single unit you have to unionize them together with whatever software you are using.

2 Likes

If you haven’t seen the getting started guide, there is a section on how to design for the laser that can probably answer a lot of questions that you might have.

https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005105894-Lets-get-printing-

In addition I have a post that you might find interesting, reading through this might give you a real jumpstart on GF stuff.

I know, reading isn’t much fun when you just want to make stuff, but I promise that this is all good stuff and the time you spend reading now will pay you back for years. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum!

6 Likes

Hey Thanks Man…

2 Likes

Hey Bill, This will cutout as one object right?
Asset 6

5 Likes

Yes! That looks like it should work!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.