Cutting Board / Charcuterie

I see many beautiful wooden cutting boards. Where is the best place to buy these? Is there a wholesale seller that people use or do folks generally just find these at retail stores or yard sales ? any advise?
Thanks so much,
George

3 Likes

Some folks make their cutting boards from raw wood stock. But if you can’t do that (or don’t want to spend the time/effort to do it) you can buy from a variety of online sources.

9 Likes

Thank you so much
Do you find that one material is better than others for beautiful lettering?

I prefer acacia boards. Bamboo, because of the grass layers, doesn’t always engrave the best, although I have done a lot of them because they were cheaper. I love the acacia though. Haven’t really tried any other woods, so I don’t know about them.

6 Likes

I have only engraved bamboo but they are intended for display, not actual use, and I found it needed heavy settings to get a dark, more consistent result due to variations in density as mentioned above.

I have some very nice hard-wood cutting boards but would never touch them with a laser.

3 Likes

I am not picky, and I am cheap. I get the $4 bamboo boards from Walmart.

3 Likes

I have engraved some from Ikea. Those were bamboo and came out OK because the bamboo was fairly consistent. I also did one Acacia and it was beautiful. Bamboo is cheap, environmentally friendly(er), and readily available, but the acacia really pops.

4 Likes

Acacia is one of my favs as well - engraves like a dream! Walnut engraves beautifully but is so much more expensive.

2 Likes

I really like the colors in the acacia.

1 Like