Cutting chocolate

Cool. I’ll have to try engraving. Scoring definitely was surprisingly clean.

I’m not going to go into food safety. That’s your business. But keep something in mind… Lasered stuff doesn’t typically taste good. Now, to be honest, I ate the chocolate bar I cut the other night just to see how bad it was. To me, it wasn’t so bad. Definitely a crispy texture on the cut edges and it tasted burnt there. But it was a little burnt taste mixed in with Hershey goodness. So, to me? It was just fine. I didn’t want to spit it out or something. Others might find the taste repulsive, but in this case I don’t really think so.

1 Like

Can you tell me what settings you used to engrave the chocolate? I am using the snack size Herseys, so I don’t need to cut them, just engrave. I have a relative that loves Peanut Butter Cups, so I had planned to take 2 snack size and put peanut butter in the middle and then engrave the back side, for some custom made rectangle “cups.”

It’s been a really long time and can’t seem to find the file where I saved off the settings. Sorry, a little experimentation may be necessary :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the replay. The best part of Chocolate experimentation, I can eat the mistakes.

4 Likes

Hi all - I’m new to the Glowforge but love it so far… I’m wondering if the issue with chocolate is the wax content and/or the cocoa butter levels. These probably melt rather than cut. Has anyone tried a very dark chocolate to see if that cuts better than milk chocolate?

I would be happy to volunteer to taste Umm test cuts

Jonathan

Welcome to the forum.
If you search the forum for “chocolate” you will be able to see all of the discussions about it. I have been here for 6+ years and don’t recall a great many posts about chocolate. Since you are new, I will state that machines used for non food materials should not be used for food items that will be consumed.