Cutting-Edge Scaling on the GF

First attempt at making knife scales. Believed it or not, I started with the scan feature on the UI then exported it as an svg for cleanup in AI. Multiple boo-boos in execution, but still pretty happy.

Bolivian Rosewood

Btw, that bottle of Vet-bond in my first aid cabinet came in “handy”, too! :drop_of_blood::drop_of_blood::drop_of_blood::drop_of_blood::tired_face::person_facepalming:t2:

36 Likes

Good ole liquid skin does come in handy…lol

3 Likes

These look great!

3 Likes

Nice! How thick are the scales and what type of wood.

3 Likes

The knives are bee-you-tee-ful!!
I’m going to tell you the same thing I tell DH…“Please stop cutting yourself, it makes a mess all over the floor.” :wink:

3 Likes

I laminated Bolivian Rosewood and Aspen hardwood, total thickness 5-6mm. In retrospect, I’d skip the lamination and just go with 3-4mm.

I also made myself a marking knife with Rosewood scales. I’ll post a pic when I figure out how to get :drop_of_blood: out of unfinished wood. :innocent:

4 Likes

Try bleach :grin:

1 Like

That was my daughter’s reaction when I cut the end of my finger off once. Then she complained I left blood on the faucet handle when I ran it under water before I started the bandaging process. (The water was unnecessary - it was bleeding so much & fast that the blood was cleaning the wound.)

My reaction was “where’s the rest of my finger, what the eff am I going to do now and why is she worried about the floor when I’m bleeding buckets here?”.

Women :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Hey listen, it beats shrieking and fainting. Count your blessings. :wink:

5 Likes

Beyond gorgeous!!

2 Likes

Nice work!!

2 Likes

Pretty spectacular!