Cutting progress indication

In a previous existence I used a cnc machine with software called ‘Axis’, if I remember correctly.

One great detail of this was that, as the work was carried out, the screen showed the progress of the cutting head along its path by changing the color of the planned path.

Would it be possible to develop this facility in the glowforge software ?

Regards to all,
John :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Hi John! Haven’t seen you around in a while. :sunglasses:
Since they don’t monitor the forum anymore you should email support your idea.

7 Likes

They used to have a similar feature when the machine was introduced, but they removed it. It wasn’t real-time, however, it just gave a preview of the cutting path. There is no communication b/w the machine and the cloud once a job is started, except for errors and if you pause the job. As stated, use the contact form to send your request, but I wouldn’t hold out much hope.

7 Likes

don’t hold your breath.

3 Likes

:+1: Sent off, but not holding breath !
John

4 Likes

Yeah, the items that have come from the Hopper are few compared to requests.

4 Likes

I think I remember when it was removed and the reason was because it caused a massive performance issue in the app. I would doubt it is coming back.

3 Likes

Yeah the stated reason was performance.

There’s probably a way to do it that isn’t resource intensive but like everyone says I wouldn’t hold out for it.

2 Likes

I liked this too! As I recall, it was at the intersection of:

• Computing resources
  • User feedback that it wasn’t terribly useful
  • The way it worked was no longer viable due to some other re-architecting, and it would have taken the team a long time to rebuild

But I’ll put it in the hopper as something to consider for the future!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.