Cutting Rubber Stamps w/ Aura - Settings I Used

If you are looking for settings for the Aura when cutting rubber stamps from Laser Safe Rubber on Amazon, I just finished a trial & error to make some trail name stamps for my sis & I for Letterboxing.

Amazon says the material is .09, but my caliper says .08. So you may need to test yours.

The settings I used were:

Unknown Material: .08
Engrave: 100 / 10 / x4
Cut: 100 /10 / x10 Twice

The cutting is where it got tricky. 10 passes, the limit on the Aura, is not enough to get through the rubber all the way. What I did was do a first Cut & Engrave session, then I changed the engrave layer to ignore so that the only thing left was the cut layer & hit “Print” again. Even this was not enough to go thru the rubber completely. However, It was so close that I was able to “pop” out the stamps. You could probably do a third round if you want. Hope this helps.

24 Likes

If you have a minute it’d be great if you could add these settings to the aura settings spreadsheet found here:

9 Likes

A couple questions here, what is letterboxing in this context and where the handles prefab or did you make those as well?
Also, it’s good to know that rubber stamps can be done on the Aura if need be.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Very nice looking stamps. Good job! (I used to live in Globe and San Tan Valley! So I know exactly where Apache Junction is!)

6 Likes

Welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing your experience! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Great job! I too know where Apache Junction is…I live in Surprise and work in Tempe!

6 Likes

The handles were store bought. The middle piece was cut from the piece of wood that came with the Aura.

Letterboxing is similar to Geocaching, but is way older. Instead of using coordinates & trading trinkets, you follow clues to find stamps where you can stamp your own book & use your stamp to leave in their log book.

11 Likes

Thanks! I love Globe!

4 Likes

Very cool about the letterboxing. I didn’t know that even was a thing. I knew about geocaching, just not about that letterboxing thingy.

7 Likes

Another neat thing about letterboxing is that it’s often story based and the stories can be of most anything that allows for the clues to be integrated but the most fascinating are the historical based ones where you’re in the shoes of a person who might well have lived - some if the details are made up to fit the clues, but often the broad brushes are quite real & true to history.

9 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your findings, your stamps look great!

If you’re ever in a pinch - there’s a universal stamp handle you can cut yourself in the catalog, it would be just take a minor size adjustmennt to work on the Aura.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Your stamps turned out great! It’s especially nice to see the stamped image.

7 Likes

These turned out really nice!

7 Likes

Oh, thanks so much for this! And so cool to know people still do letterboxing. I placed a combination letterbox/geocache in the local park many years ago, but it was dug up and dispersed by dogs so many times I closed it down. Still have the logbook though.

5 Likes

I just learned about it as well! It’s a pretty secretive hobby. I had a TicTok pop up on my For You and immediately went down the rabbit hole. I love stamps.

I also just this week discovered another “game” while doing a puzzle geocache. I was looking for the numbers for a lock & saw a tiny little QR code on an electrical box near by. I scanned it and it linked me to an app named Munzee. Apparently there are these little QR code stickers all over and you search for them IRL and things pop up in VR… not quite sure. I’m def going to look into it tho.

4 Likes

OH! Wonderful! Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Done!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.