Dad's BBQ Area

This took quite a while to engrave, understandably, but has ended up stunning.

The Fonts and icons match up, with two holes which are going to be used for cord to hang in the said area, but they could just as easily be used for hooks.

Interestingly, I cut this on varnished wood, and then a light sanding afterwards created the lovely lighter wood edging effect on the border.

Anyway, the SVG is below!
BBQ 4-01

37 Likes

Thanks for the design. I see a quick little alteration for one of my friends and heā€™ll get a cool sign!

(Popā€™s instead of Dadā€™s)

Which font is that?

15 Likes

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

6 Likes

Thank you.

5 Likes

Very nice, thanks for the share!

4 Likes

Looks great!

4 Likes

Nice. Iā€™d add the line
ā€œIn that orderā€ at the bottom. Lol

6 Likes

Appears to be a variant of the ā€˜tavernā€™ fonts.

6 Likes

This is excellent!

2 Likes

Hey! Itā€™s Algerian Basic.

Here it is:Algerian Basic D Regular : Download For Free, View Sample Text, Rating And More On Fontsgeek.Com

9 Likes

Thanks for the link!

1 Like

No problem. I use the ā€˜What the Fontā€™ app ALL THE TIME to help me identify them!

4 Likes

Thanks for the font name!

I figured if you knew it would be a better match than me using Adobe or one of the several online references to try identify it. I have lost font names because of my workflow converting things to objects in Adobe Illustrator before

6 Likes

Ah, the terrifying ā€˜Convert to outlinesā€™ hell. I now double any artboard just in case. RELATED: Iā€™d love a good font manager for my Mac, so I can see at a glance the range Iā€™ve built up, with the c**p removed. I instead have a sheath of papers I constantly refer to!

3 Likes

Font Book is built-in.

I use it all the time.

1 Like

Yes! Exactly this. I know better but I keep doing it to myself all the time because ā€œIā€™ll never need to modify this file againā€ or something along those lines going on in my head :smiley:

6 Likes

Nicely done!

2 Likes

Hmm. I should play some more with it. Thank you!

Iā€™ve tried the What the Font site and never have any luck with it. I must be doing something wrong.

1 Like

Iā€™d guess you are. I loaded the first photo (not the clean design image) up and it identified dozens of fonts that match, most with the name ā€œtavernā€ in them.

Save the pic, upload to the site, and click next.

3 Likes