Daily Calendar - 12 sided wheels

Happy Blursday. Haven’t been up to making anything lately.

But had been looking at some of my doodles and finally made this one. I used 3.5mm plywood for this without any masking. More of a proof of concept.

40 Likes

I like the single digit wheels. Kind of hard to tell scale here, what are their diameters?

3 Likes

Dang! I forgot the banana.
They are less than 4 inches, and 1.25 wide.

6 Likes

If someone would take there time and use a nice finish they could be pretty.

2 Likes

Nice new calendar concept!

5 Likes

Great concept! I think the non masked is the way to go. I know it is not pretty, but I am getting concerned about the waste. I burn through many a roll of masking tape. No, it’s not expensive, just wasteful. We need more ways to get nice finishes without the masking. OF course, there is always painting!

4 Likes

Different! I like it!

2 Likes

Nice! I really like your version … simple to update the date.

Those circles would make the most incredible engraved bracelets

1 Like

That’s why I do the majority of my testing on carboard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now with a banana for scale.

Added a bit of stain to the month wheel too.

10 Likes

What a cool project!

Agree, i love this!

A little small for my hand, but perfect for my wife’s.

https://festi.info/boxes.py/RegularBox?FingerJoint_angle=90.0&FingerJoint_style=rectangular&FingerJoint_surroundingspaces=2.0&FingerJoint_edge_width=1.0&FingerJoint_finger=2.0&FingerJoint_play=0.0&FingerJoint_space=2.0&FingerJoint_width=1.0&h=30.0&outside=0&outside=1&radius=50.0&n=12&top=hole&alignment_pins=1.0&thickness=3.5&format=svg&tabs=0.0&debug=0&reference=100&burn=0.1&render=1

6 Likes

Thank you so very much!!!

I have a BMW story. I went to high school in the 1980s and I went to a private high school. There were many incredibly awesome and very wealthy students that also attended.

Knoxville Tennessee got the first convertible red BMW in America. It was either spring of 84’ or spring 85’. One of my friend’s parents went over to Germany and ordered him this car for his 16th birthday.

You should have seen two girls and two guys wearing their high school uniforms, driving around in this flashy car, listening to Thriller and going to the golf range after school.

Top down, wind through our hair, and not a care in the world.

If I could go back in time—- I would probably choose one of the days—- I was in Andy‘s red convertible BMW.

Thank you for replying to my post because it made me remember this beautiful time in my life.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine a life that can do that. But I did get a free 5 year education in Europe. It’s possible.

2 Likes

Wow, 5 years in Europe now that is very special!!

The food, the people, the history, and all the different cultures would be the most amazing life adventure!!

2 Likes