Daughters hands acrylic

Hi y’all! My first time posting and I wanted to share what I made for my husband for Father’s Day. He has our daughters hats that they came home from the hospital in his truck and he said he always wanted a part of them with him. He’s a marine and isn’t home often. Anyways I made exact replicas of their hand prints on the glowforge to hang from his rear view mirror.

57 Likes

Beautiful!

5 Likes

Awww so sweet!

4 Likes

What a beautiful gift!!!

4 Likes

A beautiful concept I have not seen before!

4 Likes

Major feels. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

4 Likes

So nice! Thank you and him for your service. Too often, the spouse is forgotten but is the glue that holds it all together. The only job harder than a Marine wife is an Army wife. Let the flames begin!

5 Likes

Great idea and well executed. Thank you for the service your husband provides our country.

4 Likes

That’s really beautiful!

5 Likes

Great job recreating their hand prints…and such a warm and loving sentiment. Seeing the photo reminded me that’s a great way to spot any places where you might have missed weeding the masking. I noticed only one letter…the ‘eye’ in the letter ‘E’ in “cheer mE up daddy”. When I engrave lots of text, I use the photo thing often to double check.

6 Likes

Fantastic ideas on the hands and the saying.

4 Likes

Such a beautiful gift for him! Please thank him for his service. (I also love your daughters name! I have an Aunt Ella Mae whom I love dearly)

3 Likes

That is really sweet! Nicely done as well! And THANK YOU to both you and your husband. For the service he gives to our country and to you for being the wife, housekeeper, banker, chauffeur and full-time mom while he is serving our country away from home. My oldest daughter’s husband retired from the Marines a couple of years ago… so I know it’s not an easy life for either one of you. Thank you!

3 Likes

Very nice!

3 Likes

It’s things like this that steady your soul, when you are deployed.

2 Likes

So sweet! Thank you both for your service.

2 Likes

What a special gift. This is beautiful, and love the poem.

1 Like