Day 10 e-mail

Ordered on October 3rd (which I believe is Day 10) and just received my “Would you like your Glowforge” e-mail.

Guess I’d better figure out what I’m actually going to do with it before the wife realizes that I don’t have any specific plans… :slight_smile:

54 Likes

That’s fantastic! Hope you enjoy!

2 Likes

Yay!!! :tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes
  1. Go read through the Free Laser Designs category.
  2. Download 12 of your favorites.
  3. Make a “Glowforge Ideas” folder right on your computer desktop with all those projects.
  4. Make a materials list… LEDs, hinges, acrylic, wood, cutting boards, foam… whatever you need for the first 12 projects (with leftovers.)
  5. Tool inventory. Calipers, superglue, wood glue, paper towels, painters tape, gorilla tape, clamps, q-tips, rubber bands, and a bottle of alcohol. Buy what’s reasonable now.
  6. Space: set up a cart or table, arrange for your dryer vent.

Now you have specific plans… 12 of them, with materials. Even if this is nothing more than your Glowforge introduction and learning phase before you begin the long term plans, it gets you ready to start going by the time UPS loses your box handles.

By the time your wife realizes that you don’t have specific plans, she’ll have specific plans. :smile:

20 Likes

Very happy you received your email! :fireworks:

1 Like

Congratulations! :grinning: :tada::confetti_ball::tanabata_tree::balloon::sparkles::boom:
(Better make that first item a little gift for her!) :wink:

4 Likes

[quote=“cmreeder, post:4, topic:11623”]
By the time your wife realizes that you don’t have specific plans, she’ll have specific plans. :smile:
[/quote]if she doesn’t … her friends will have plenty of ideas just as soon as they see project #1! Ha!

3 Likes

I think I’m going to make Jules’ pirate treasure chest as one of my first projects. My next door neighbor (who often cuts my grass for me while he does his) has a side job dressing up as Santa in the winter and a Pirate in the summer. That would be a perfect gift for him.
As for the wife, she builds airplanes (or bits of them) for a living so she probably has some ideas of her own on what she wants to build anyway!

2 Likes

I hope he’s enjoying Talk Like a Pirate Day. Yhaaarrrr!

1 Like

And 7. (Actually should be #1): go to the Glowforge Tips and Tricks section and start learning as much as you can.

5 Likes

true. That is wildly valuable.
There’s months of study and wisdom in that section.

4 Likes

Woot!
Let’s hope they update that announcement pin message, and get pro units to day 2! :smile:

1 Like

Glowgrats!

3 Likes