Death Star start button

death%20star%20laser%20button

death star laser button.svg.zip (120.1 KB)

31 Likes

That’s no moon…

7 Likes

Thanks for the file.

2 Likes

That’s a cool escutcheon. Haven’t been seeing a lot of them posted from new owners lately.

4 Likes

It seemed to be mostly a thing with us PRUers and then for the first couple of months of production shipping. Not so much since.

2 Likes

It’s as if they don’t realize “it’s a moral imperative!”

7 Likes

I still think the rite of passage should be what is the name of your Glowforge, what is your escutcheon and show us your Gift of Good Measure.

3 Likes

…and for us old-timers it was “show us your founder’s ruler”. We were pre-G O G M.

2 Likes

Never did an escutcheon. Never saw the appeal, really.

Also never made a founders ruler. I don’t like the design aesthetically speaking (yes I know I should have my founders status suspended).

I did make a gogm though, but I have since given it away. Not a big keychain guy.

And I also didn’t name my Glowforge. It’s called Glowforge.

Man I’m boring.

5 Likes

Nah. You make it up in other areas. :wink:

Kind of you to share your file!

I never got around to making one of these. Probably never will. Still I like to see what other people have placed on theirs.

This was my version

22 Likes

Absolutely super! :+1:

1 Like

the problem is how many people will actually know what movie “it’s a moral imperative.” came from?

one of my all time favorites. used to watch it when I was home from college. sometimes 3x in a row. :slight_smile:

1 Like

your Death Star escutcheon looks amazing. do you mind sharing the file?

1 Like

Hi @dito, welcome to the forum. The file is actually the very first thing in the very first post above – right click and download as an SVG.

Looks like his reply was to @henegar.chris rather than the OP.

@dito Just a reminder that if the poster wants to release the file they will but we cannot ask for the designs here.

1 Like

thank for the info. sorry for the misunderstanding.

I Just got a new computer and don’t have many of my old files, but I do remember that I just imported the image file from the inter webs and used circle cut svg that I made in Inkscape to cut out the button. You will have to size the button with your circle cut line. I did it in the GF user interface.

https://www.google.com/search?q=death+star+schematic&tbm=isch

3 Likes