December is just around the corner - WHO'S EXCITED?

too bad you dont have one of those magic tables:

23 Likes

omg that is the best idea ever!

Iā€™m pretty much in the same ā€˜cautiously optimisticā€™ campā€¦super super excited, but if thereā€™s another delay I might have a tough choice to make.

5 Likes

My baby will be born JUST before that! I canā€™t wait!

And that laser thing. Yeah cool cool, now I have something else to worry about :wink:

11 Likes

We always called on the power of the magic sock drawer.

5 Likes

Except then the Glowforge would disappear by morning!!! No freaking way with how long weā€™ve waited!

Iā€™m really excited to get my laser, and as December approaches, I am ramping up my designs, spending more time planning and such. Iā€™m looking to build my table as wellā€¦ so Iā€™ll probably tackle that in a couple of weeks.

No matter what, Iā€™m getting this laser, so even if there are more issues, Iā€™m in it for the long haul!

6 Likes

Oh thatā€™s some good comedy right thereā€¦ in my house thereā€™s also a magical cookie jar and cupcake keeper wherein fresh-baked goodies magically appear on a regular basis. Wonder if hubby has figured out I have a hand in thatā€¦ Lolol

6 Likes

Iā€™ll get excited when the Glowforge is in my house, set up and working. Until then I will calmly weight and visit my therapist often.

8 Likes

THATā€™S GEINUS! I keep thinking about all the people I know who will want to come check it out at some point, but never thought about having them all over at once. I see many future guysā€™ nights and game nights becoming Glowforge nights nowā€¦

12 Likes

I actually keep forgetting that I even have a GF on the way, Im in the March delivery groupā€¦ but I also have a car project keeping me busy, Iā€™ve just become completely obsessed with putting together a massive Arduino prototyping kit (my second purchase at adafruit.com was about $400 of Arduino, accessories, sensors, etc LOL)ā€¦ And my job as a CAD/Modeler has been so hectic and busy lately that spending even more time at a computer to do laser designs is not appealing in the least!

8 Likes

Haha! This is great
Yes to this. :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh yah!!!

5 Likes

Long journey will be end, soon.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking about your party idea and I think thereā€™s a possible business idea in there. You could run ā€œGlowforgeā€ parties, basically your standard home sales parties but focusing on customized items. The main difference is youā€™d need to have stock of the products youā€™re selling on hand. Bring the Glowforge and set it up outside or inside with a filter. I think people would have a blast buying the items, watching the laser and immediately getting their products.

16 Likes

Hmmm. I would say go with ā€œCustomized Wedding Giftsā€ and you can make a killing!

12 Likes

I want to be more excited, but itā€™s been made really clear that it wonā€™t ship unless itā€™s amazing, and I canā€™t say that iā€™ve seen enough announcements about amazing progress to give me hope.

And realistically we are entering the kickback and relax time of year. So anything that isnā€™t wrapped up will likely get delayed as key people take vacations and spend more time with family. And lets not even get started about the shipping challenges of any company in December.

I want to believe, but either they are being really quiet about a lot of great progress, or get ready for a new March ship date.

5 Likes

Yeah, that is a bit disconcerting. I would love to have some more beta users showing their stuff. Thatā€™s what gets me most excited and hopeful. ā€œTaking Vacationsā€: Thatā€™s an interesting perspective on this. Iā€™d say since so many of their folks are fairly recent hires, they have a few months before vaca kicks in. And from some of the very spirited discussions about December shipping logistics, that really doesnā€™t seem to be a major concern.

I still would put money on their shipping the initial round in December.

9 Likes

I would tend to agree that employees of glowforge are likely not going to be the source of vacation delays. Everyone they work with on the other handā€¦

The silence has me more worried more than anything. When my office is quiet itā€™s because weā€™re in the weeds. When things are smooth sailing there is time for chatter and updates etc.

10 Likes

Theyā€™re prepping for the NY MakerFaire I imagine. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I like your take. Time will tell.

3 Likes