December is just around the corner - WHO'S EXCITED?

I guess I was excited until I was told my Glow is not shipping in Dec 2016. :frowning:

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry we let you down. I checked out your business (in your profile) and itā€™s super cool.

1 Like

Thanks!

I wanted my glow and I want to do this and much more. I already have a circuit so I want the glow to take me to another level.

5 Likes

yes should be funā€¦canā€™t wait to actually get my machineā€¦do you craft alot?

1 Like

I did in the past and now I own a photo booth kiosk. I need props, signage, and other arts & craft things.

What about you?

yes i am a craft addictā€¦lol

This is a good question. I went to Michael department store and I love the marquees letters and wooded letters. I might sell my Glowforge and just buy the items from Michael (and still have money left over).

I have been waiting for my machine since Oct 25, 2015.

2 Likes

Buying from a national chain youā€™ll be limited to the designs that they have, and wonā€™t be able to get make anything original. It is often cheaper to buy simple, cheap, mass-produced products than it is to create nice custom stuff. Do your customers value customization?

Weā€™ve waited this longā€¦
but hey,your money, your business, your choice.

5 Likes

Exactly.

What Iā€™m intending to make, can not be found in any craft or hobby store.

2 Likes

If you are happy with what Michaels has to offer then that is really best as anything commodified is going to be cheaper than you can make it for.

On the other hand, most of us dream of bespoke items that no one else has or can haveā€¦

3 Likes

The thing that bothers me about Michaels, JoAnns, Hobby Lobby and the like is that they are totally tied to trends and very quickly ditch items if they arenā€™t selling fast enough, even though you love them or depend on them. You just canā€™t rely on always being able to easily get them. I give the marquee lettering thing another 6-12 months then would not be surprised to see them in the clearance area, Actually, they already are in my local Michaels.

11 Likes

I bought some last week at the 99cent only store (true story). Same 6 inch letters you see at the hobby storesā€¦ (anyone need me to look for numbers./letters for them?)

1 Like

Noā€¦ My customers will buy whatever I sell them.
I love customization but I lost that and the energy back in 2015-2016.

Let me see if I could stir up some creativity in 2017 and desire for custom projects/items.

1 Like

YES! My customers love this because itā€™s easy to decorate, color, spray paint, and they pay me double for it (plus time).

These marquees (from Michael, JoAnns, or Hobby Lobby) are in bars, clubs, homes, office, and in garage. It sells and there isnā€™t much I can do.

I look on Youtube and these kids are showing Shopping Spree Hauls at these stores and finding some cute items. However, I am only referring to the letters (wooded and laminated).

I seen many things after 6 - 12 months on sale and then back up again during the holidays. You just have to catch the sale or use your coupons.

2 Likes

Exactly!!!

You definitely have to keep on top of the repricing trends and shop creatively! Part of the challenge of being a business owner but if you do it well it pays off. Good luck!