Decided To Make a Ring Box, And Ask My Girlfriend A Question

Love it! I used my :glowforge: to propose as well! I created a “Wood U” Marry Me.

She said yes, and we got married this past June. :heart:

18 Likes

Very nicely done. Congratulations.:blush:

3 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Aw, I LOVE this! Congratulations to both of you :slight_smile:

So… there are so many comments for good reason this is so cool! I’ve been married for 6.5 years and my little 4 year old accidentally broke the ring box I got for my hubby… any chance I could convince you to share the design so I could surprise him with a new box?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
It is against forum rules to ask for files.

1 Like

Beautiful box and beautiful resulting smiles. Awesome work and many happy returns to you both!

oh sad! ok good to know

1 Like

FYI Here is the rule and the explanation: Sharing Your Stuff (and only your stuff)

Don’t post information about other people - even if it’s public. Each person here has a right to decide what information about themselves goes on the forum here.

You may not post pictures of creative works unless you have the right to do so, for example a print that you created that does not infringe someone else’s intellectual property. You may not post digital designs that belong to someone else without their permission. If you want to share something you find online, by all means link to it - but don’t download and post it, since it deprives readers of context and the owner loses control. Of course, don’t post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

If you decide that you want to gift your designs to the world, you can post them in the Free Laser Designs section of the forum. If you post designs anywhere in the forum, other users can use them in accordance with these details: https://community.glowforge.com/t/about-the-free-laser-designs-category/.
This is an act of great generosity! Thank you, and please express your gratitude to the people who choose to do this.

4 Likes

Don’t be discouraged though, I’m sure you can come up with a good design of your own based on inspiration from this design :slight_smile: we’re all more than willing to help with designing something, just can’t ask for files themselves :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Very beautiful ring box, right down to the little heart on the hinge. And congratulations!
Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Congratulations to you both thanks for sharing and the box was awesome.

1 Like

NO, not at all. Thanks for sharing the beginning of your shared life´s story with us! It´s uplifting and inspiring.

Congratulations on the engagement!

By the way, the craftsmanship, details and the design of the box enhance the ring, and the fact that you made it for her is the icing on the cake.

2 Likes

So AWESOME! and… congrats!

2 Likes

That is so awesome!!! Not understanding how you got it to hinged…Congratulations !!!

1 Like

Very thoughtful! Congratulations!

2 Likes

now I wanna pop the question, how’d you do it? lol congrats to you both (super late dot com)

2 Likes

Just so you know, white lies to hide the existence of a gift is allowed in marriage. And I love the ring box. What’s the hinge?

3 Likes

We are not allowed to ask for files in the forum. If the designer wishes to share their file, they post a link to their shop in their profile. Also, this post is from 2019.

Here are the forum rules: FAQ - Glowforge Owners Forum

6 Likes