Decorative bowl

Here are the files for my Decorative Bowl.

[file removed, see below]

It is based on a 3mm Baltic Birch, and is kerf controlled, which after cutting are a hair too tight.

Need a 12-20 sheet plus a 6x6 sheet.

10 minutes, could be improved

[settings removed, see below]

35 Likes

Thank you for sharing

3 Likes

Hey, thanks! The scored edges are a nice touch.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your file with us.

1 Like

Thanks! Wonderful work!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your work!

1 Like

It came out great. But am I mistaken in thinking this isn’t your original design to give? I’m under the impression you recreated somebody else’s design. If I’m wrong I apologize for my misinterpretation. But if I’m not wrong I’m not sure it should be published without permission from the original designer.

I don’t know. but considering I only had that photo for reference, I don’t know it’s size, the angles, the thickness, the material, anything. I recreated it from scratch from my guestimate and supposition. I am pretty sure it is different enough to be considered original creation. If not, I am fully ready to comply.

Neither do I. I’m no lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I just know I’d be pretty pissed if I came across somebody recreating my hard work and then giving that away. Just sayin’. :slight_smile:

On a previous thread with some similarity, Dan left the pictures/post, but had the file removed.

Thanks. We will see. I flagged myself.

1 Like

Right… That’s the thing. I, personally, have no problem with somebody recreating somebody else’s work. I have no problem with them displaying that either. I think it really showcases somebody’s talent to be able to do that. And I’ve certainly done it myself multiple times. It’s the sharing of the design that, I think, crosses the line.

Yeah… I decided not to flag because I don’t really know if it’s right or wrong. (I tend to only flag if there’s some personal attack going on. I leave the law to the lawyers. :wink: )

I decided to do it myself on myself to be sure and to have an answer from Glowforge. I am also contacting my lawyer friend to have an advice on the subject, even if it would be a Canadian Intelectual propriety point of view.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for everyone’s thoughtful discussion. I know just enough to know that this isn’t a cut-and-dry case.

As it happens, since the post involves manual settings, it shouldn’t be in this category anyway.

For that reason, I’m going to mark this post as “hidden” (folks who are following it can still find it) so it won’t confuse searchers, and remove the SVG and settings. I won’t lock it so discussion can continue. I’ll also leave the beautiful photos of your finished creation in the other thread. It’s lovely work @simonboucher3!

2 Likes

Thanks for an answer. I will still try to contact my Lawyer friends for the future.

1 Like