Decorative Wood Gate

You are off to a great start. I no longer go out to my woodworking shop since I got the GF.

Wow! So cool! Totally love this! Looks like you and your husband make a great team!

Hi @kelly4! Check your PMs…I’m going to go ahead and move this post to “Beyond the Manual” until I hear back from you, since it contains non-PG settings. I’ll be happy to move it back if you prefer to move the settings to a different post, just let me know. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oops, apparently you updated it without replying, sorry about that. Moving it back now!

I did not need a woodworking shop till I got the Glowforge. There is do much cleaning up after as well as gluing etc that I need a proper woodworking shop but do not have one really.

2 Likes

Hey. I thought I fixed the post. No big deal if you think it should be moved. I’m fine with whatever is best. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

You did. I was assuming you hadn’t seen my PM because I didn’t get a reply and didn’t think to just check the post. My bad! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had replied, but I guess I didn’t hit the reply button or something. I’ll get the hang of it. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Great job. I love the idea of interchangeable seasonal panels. We need a new gate for our front porch for exactly the same reason. I am going to have to borrow this idea. :wink: Thanks!

1 Like

What clever coordination! I’d love to see what holiday designs you come up with.

3 Likes

I love this gate – the size, the design, how it all fits together with the look of the building. Just YAY!!

1 Like

I find that Stencil fonts really help with projects like this. Most of your numbers work without a stencil font… but for anyone trying a similar project, it is super helpful to know about stencil fonts!! Awesome project!! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! I just thought I would show a photo of our Halloween gate, quick & simple. Now to figure something out for Thanksgiving.

15 Likes

You’re changing out the decoration on your wood gate with the change in seasons? FANTASTIC!! The pumpkin looks great.

Are you thinking up a design for winter?

1 Like

And for New Years all you need to do is reverse the pumpkin and have two smiling people looking forward and back!

5 Likes

The pumpkin looks great!

Thank you.!!

Here is the one we did for Thanksgiving. And now we have to get started on Christmas. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Those leaves are great!

1 Like

This is my fave! What are the leaves made out of?

I bet you could easily sell this as a sign!

This one is really great. Nice work!!!

Yep! My favorite too! :grinning: