Deep engrave in 1/8" acrylic for embossing stamp

Hello Glowforge Community! I am wondering if anyone has any experience engraving 1/8" clear acrylic deep. I am looking to make a fondant embossing stamp and need the engraved text to be deep enough to leave an imprint. I have tried to lower the speed and increase power, as well as play around with the LPI and focus but unfortunately it’s either not deep enough or completely engraved through the material. Any suggestions on settings to try? Any help would be appreciated!

2 Likes

In the material settings you can run multiple passes to achieve the desired depth.

11 Likes

In addition to running multiple passes I’d be inclined to go with a thicker acrylic, like 1/4", so you have more depth available to work with.

8 Likes

Thank you, I’ll try that!

1 Like

I will definitely try this - will order 1/4", thank you!

3 Likes

I have no experience with embossing, but I wonder if you could cut one piece then attach to another, like a backing plate?

I do have experience with deep engraves and they were rarely satisfactory, the material being removed would build up - wood and acrylic for me. Especially on the “downwind” side (the front due to the air assist fan.)

3 Likes

Definitely go with 1/4” acrylic. Here’s one I did:

7 Likes

really good question. then you could apply it to a backing plate that could be anything cheap and durable instead of using a lot of usable material!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.