Deer in forest shadowbox

I made a few of these from a design i found on etsy. I hot glued fairy lights to the backing sheet, but the lighting is a bit too dim.

Maybe you fine folks have already tackled lightboxes like these and have some suggestions on what lighting to use in these?

46 Likes

I like it like that…it’s delicate, subtle and rather like an actual starry night is…beautiful! :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Don’t think it looks too dim at all. That’s gorgeous.

4 Likes

I agree. From the photo at least, the light looks perfect. It accents the work without taking anything away. It almost gives me the feeling of walking through the woods in a snow flurry.

6 Likes

love this.

4 Likes

LED strip lights tend to be much brighter. There are lots of options here, if you search amazon for strip lights you can find lots, varying from solid colors all the way to fancy remote controlled color changing types.

2 Likes

I agree, I think the effect is calming and serene! Pretty!

2 Likes

Oh one thing I didn’t mention - i modified the design as there was a diffusion panel with uniform holes in between the lights and the “stars”. I had to remove that as there was nearly no lights visible. I’m assuming people use led strips for these instead of fairy lights? I’ll need to do some research :relaxed:

2 Likes

Beautiful

2 Likes

I love it just the way it is…very soft and peaceful.

2 Likes

You could change the title to reflect the scene.
Falling Snow In A Forest

Love the lighting!!

2 Likes

Ooooo, pretty!

1 Like

Great execution. Fairy lights seem to do the trick. Simple is better!

2 Likes

Very nice. Would you even remember the seller on Etsy? I have searched but have been unable to find this or a similar item, but maybe my search criteria are not sufficient.

I do like this and I also believe the lights are just right

A very pretty scene. Thank you for sharing your photo.

Starlingsvg

Thank you - I will check it out.