Delrin Leather Stamp

Examples of stamping vs engraving. They’re both awesome!

16 Likes

I really like the red one. Very classy design too. :blush:

1 Like

Trysten, the outcome is quite different. I use scoring and engraving quite a bit, but wanted a more traditional look for a maker’s mark. I won’t be using the Delrin stamp for much more than that, unless I have a stamp design that would be used often.

1 Like

Andy_Mock, these settings worked perfectly. Thank you! :smiley:

2 Likes

You mention trying it with .5”. Have you tried that yet. I just ordered my Glowforge and plan on dong some of these

1 Like

I haven’t tried it with .5" yet. I’m not sure if the laser could cut through it really. I stick with the .25" as it’s been working well for me.

very cool… outside the box thinking…sweet

1 Like

That looks perfect. Are those setting what you used for the engraving and the cutting? And did it cut in a single pass. Looks really nice, you have the knack, share. Ore when you can

Oops I couldn’t find your earlier detailed post - found it

1 Like

hey there trying to replicate your results with a basic. Owing to the fact that its 10% less power, I tried 800/100 3 passes on .25 delrin. Didn’t get as deep an engrave as it appears you did. Wondering if you’d dare insight as to where I might go next. Just trying to save a little delrin. TIA

There is no difference in power between the machines unless you are using “full power”; 1 to 100 is exactly the same amount of power

Are you using a raster or a vector ? If it’s a vector is it 100% black? Post pictures of your results. What depth are you trying to get to vs what depth you got to…

why do you set the material thickness to .147 using .25" delrin?

1 Like

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=defocus%20engrave

Moving to BTM since it’s filled up with non-PG settings and we don’t want to give them up!

2 Likes

I tried to cut through 0.5" Delrin the other day and accomplished nothing but making a melty, flamey mess. :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you so much for these settings! Working like a charm on my laser right now!

2 Likes

Wood is not really advised for stamping into leather. The amount of pressure risks the wood to crack. Derlin or a metal works, preferably brass. Has to be a hard material. If you use derlin, or try wood, you would need to have a flat piece against the stamp so that there is even pressure throughout the stamp, otherwise they will crack.

2 Likes

Should someone unfamiliar need the material, it is Delrin.

1 Like

One might also see the name “acetal homopolymer” of which DuPont’s Delrin ® is the premium version with specific advantages. I avoid buying products that just call themselves acetal.

3 Likes

That looks great!

1 Like