Delrin stamp making for stamping belt

So happy that I made the purchase

47 Likes

That belt is a thing of beauty!

5 Likes

Wow these are truly awesome. The video didn’t play for me but the pictures are great!

7 Likes

WOW! Beautiful work! Rich colors! Nice!

2 Likes

That looks great! Was the Red/White rose motif an accidental play on Alice in Wonderland? :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Nah, customer wanted those colors :joy:

2 Likes

looks great. your last one (dog collar) finally encouraged me to buy some delrin and today i see that harbor freight has a 1 ton arbor press on sale for $45 in store. sounds like i have a trip to make after work today.

9 Likes

Gorgeous belt!!!

3 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Awesome and thank you

Top shelf work!

This machine has given me more joy than any other tool I ever owned. The plasma cutter ranks a close second, but is restricted to conductive materials.

3 Likes

Your work is perfection!

2 Likes

Field trip! Where do you guys source your delrin? I have a couple (ok, lots of ideas).

1 Like

sale lasts until 4/22.

i just bought one sheet on amazon. probably not the best price, just grabbed something i could get quick.

3 Likes

I saw that there. Someone said Home Depot, but haven’t had any luck there.

i would be shocked if HD had any.

I had no idea that Delrin leather stamps could work so well. That belt is amazing!

1 Like

Spend about double the amount of Harbor Freight’s one ton press and go for HF’s 6 ton press. You will wish you had when you want to start using it to cut cut thick leather and not just emboss. Be advised also that Leather Stamp Maker makes a $65 adapter kit for the Harbor Freight 6 ton press that gives a solid base for embossing as well as a means of inserting stamp handles in the press. This makes the 6 ton press much more versatile than the one ton. I have successfully used the 6 ton press not only for embossing but for using clicker dies to cut out repetative leather pieces. This doesn’t work as fast as the expensive die clickers but its a heck of a lot cheaper and does the job.

I know that Delrin is thousands of times more durble than acrylic but there are folks using acryhlic forms for belt embossing.

9 Likes

i know harbor freight probably has things go in and out of inventory, but they only list the 1 ton arbor press right now.

do you mean their big a-frame bench press? that’s a bit much for my little shop (even the 1 ton i’m trying to figure out here to set it up).

1 Like

Yes, the 6 ton A frame bench model is what I was referring to.