Design Before and After Glowforge: Christmas Tree Set

I have wanted a Glowforge since I first saw the anouncement, but last year before I got my GlowForge I attempted a design and used the limited tools I had. An old palet, a jig saw and some paint. It was a Christmas Tree Set, and I am pretty happy with how it turned out with the limited resources I had. Now it’s Christmas time again and I want to remake my design so I set out last night to create the new Christmas Tree Set, with my new Glow Forge. So here is 2.0 of my Christmas Tree Set, I tried to give it the same shape as the orginal but wanted to bring in some of the design elements I have done with my sleigh, reindeer, and christmas tray so they could all tie in together. I incorporated an inlay you could either do in wood or acrylic. I used some frosted acrylic. I also added the Christmas Ball so their could be personalization if wanted. What do you think?

45 Likes

What a difference a Glowforge makes!!

8 Likes

I think it all looks amazing. Even the “less fancy” trees from last year.

4 Likes

Thanks, I like them both two, I just love this tool, it opens your mind to new ideas.

4 Likes

Great set of projects! Love the trees with the frosted acrylic. GF can make your holidays shine!

5 Likes

They all look great!

3 Likes

These look wonderful. Although the trees from last year are beautiful too!!

4 Likes

All of your designs are beautiful.

Thank you posting your first design. My wife wants some “rustic” trees to match a table center piece she bought and they give me a great start to making something she would like.

5 Likes

They are beautiful!

2 Likes