Design Critique - Leather Wallet

I’d also love to see the outcome!

I notice none of the above links go to this design

Right click on the drawing in the first post in the thread…Save As an SVG file.

1 Like

I think the first post was based on this:

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Curious as to what I may be doing wrong. Right clicked first image in thread. Saved as SVG uploaded to glowforge when starting to put together I noticed the inner piece does not seem to line up with outer. Seems to be off by 1/2 inch

Assembly instructions can be found in this video: https://youtu.be/Pbr43KbOCEQ

1 Like

Lol thank u watched again and seen why it was off from outer shell.

How did you convert from engrave to cut?

I made this, using a slight variation on the template. Final product:

I modified the template slightly, removing the red lines and placing a set of slashes to line up with the inner pocket piece.bifold%20take%202 On the original template I believe the red line was intended as a mark for where the bottom edge of the inner pocket goes, and this made the sewing easier for me.

I wish I had done it using squares instead of the slashes; I found the squares much, much easier to work with. Which is part of why the stitching on the photos is so sloppy and inconsistent. The other part is that I did sloppy, inconsistent stitching.

I finished this just in time because my old trifold was literally falling apart at the seams. Among the things that I learned with this project is the fact that I really prefer a trifold wallet. Fortunately, I have one that I’m no longer using which has done much of the work of disassembling itself so I can figure out how it was made. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I had a go at making this, with a few additions in the way of engraved designs inside and out. Made using veg tanned kangaroo leather, it’s lovely and soft. Took me a while to figure out how to do the saddle stitching, but I’m pretty pleased with how it all turned out!

12 Likes

Looks Great! I’m so hoping to be able to find the time to start doing some leather projects soon… The stitching makes me a little nervous. Yours looks fantastic!

Thanx for the design! Much appreciated!

I did the cut on the laser for the pockets but I did the wholes on the stich with a stich punch

4 Likes

Printing this now. That’s for the pattern conversion! I’ll be sure to share my finished product!