Design not lining up on wood

When I organize my design on a piece of wood that already has some shapes cut out and I’m placing my design in free spaces it is not cutting where it is supposed to like it shows on my computer. It will end up cutting where there is not any wood. I hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

Have you calibrated your lid camera?

if not try it then set the focus and try again

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum. You will have the best luck placing things if your camera is accurately “seeing” the bed. In addition to the Lid Calibration mentioned, using the set focus tool and making sure the red dot lands on your material will help enormously.

2 Likes

Most alignment problems come from the material being closer or farther from the camera than expected. However, if you have moved your Glowforge, the camera may be improved with calibration. If you haven’t recalibrated your Glowforge since you received it, or since you last moved it, recalibrate the camera.

The recalibration feature is in Beta and support is only available at this community post.

In addition, we recommend using Set Focus to fine tune your design placement before printing. You can read about Set Focus here.

Should you run the camera recalibrator and use Set Focus, and still find that you have an alignment error of more than 1/4", please contact us so we can investigate.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.