Desk nameplates

So a friend of mine asked if I could make a nameplate for her desk at work. I of course said I could lol. I did not come up with the shape of these nameplates, that credit goes to Big Blue Laser Designs. Need to play with the file(s) a bit more as these were designed with 1/4" material in mind, and I was using 1/8" PG material. Still, they came out nice and she was happy.

Well after I made the one for my friend, my wife just looks at me and says “Where’s mine?” So a few minutes later I had one for her as well lol.

21 Likes

Chuckle! Get used to it… as soon as you create something cool, make a few extra for friends and family. (Word does get around.) :smile:

11 Likes

Oh no kidding. I’m just hoping I’ll have time this weekend to get the file adjusted correctly to fit 1/8" material lol

3 Likes

The walnut and acrylic looks great together. :grinning:

4 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, I like the contrast

3 Likes

Looks very nice and professional! Did you engrave it on the back side?

4 Likes

Next up: make one for yourself that lights up. You can’t let your friends out-nameplate you.

8 Likes

Sure did! Best way to do it, learned that from here!

2 Likes

I like the way you think

1 Like

Yes, I like this sleek and slim design. First thing I thought of. I have some 1/4" walnut that would go well for a base layer thick enough to hold the LED strip. I have some .22" acrylic for the space in between, and then a thinner walnut for the top. Good weekend project. We have some new staff at work so this is timely.

4 Likes

My first thought was to have them light up with a color changing light. That way they could warn folks of their mood before the folks even got close.

11 Likes

I would only need 1 or 2 colors haha

4 Likes

They look good.

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like