Detail glue rack

I’ve got a number of tiny glue bottles that must be stored on their heads to work well. One of them has a weird shape. So I customized a paint bottle rack design I made on the boxes.py site to work the way I wanted. Made from glass-green medium Proofgrade acrylic. The key feature is a little well at the bottom filled with a flexible silicone that seals the tops so you can grab and use the bottle at any time.

The well is made from a watercolor half pan, and I filled it with Let’s Resin 2-part silicone mold making material. The pans have a slight slope to the sides, so they rest in the holes without gluing, in case I need to change the silicone.

If you’d like to make one for yourself, I’ll post the design over on Free Laser Designs.

Update: I drilled shallow holes in all the silicone wells to get a better seal on the needle bottles.

Here’s the link to the free design:

33 Likes

Nice practical cut. I spend way too much time trying to unglue the tips of my various glues. Storing them in this way would solve lots of problems.

12 Likes

This is absolutely brilliant. I cant stand the caps on those bottles. They dry out and then I eventually drive a needle through a finger trying to angioplasty the obstruction. Thanks for sharing!!!

15 Likes

That is very nice…beautiful build out of one of my favorite materials. The little pans in the bottom are genius.

12 Likes

Oh wow! Love how practical this is!! It’s quite the life and timesaver!

8 Likes

I just finished ungluing my fingers. I must make one of these! That’s very cool.

10 Likes

This level of tidiness is very appealing. Mine are thrown in a drawer.

6 Likes

Update 2: please note that you can’t use the silicone well idea with superglue bottles—it will react.

7 Likes

You always amaze me. This is fabulous. I hadn’t heard of 2-part silicone!!! Oh my goodness!

3 Likes